Are fractions possible in attributes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
SteveChestnut
665 Views, 7 Replies

Are fractions possible in attributes

Hello All,

We are using AutoCAD 2014.  We have made many blocks with attributes.

Something I never noticed until today...

I can place MTEXT in my drawing and I am able to easily put stacked fractions in my MTEXT.

When filling in an attribute I can enter text but cannot get a stacked fraction to display in the attribute.

Is it a property of attributes that they don't allow stacked fractions or am I missing something?

Thank you,

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Stacked fractions are possible with multiline attributes.

Message 3 of 8

Jason,

Thank you for the response.  I had a bad feeling what you said is the way it is.

Autodesk contacted me and asked me to accept this as a solution.

No offense to you but I will not accept this as a solution.

I see this as a failure of Autodesk to provide basic functions in their software.

We send tons of money to them and they do very little to seriously solve the flaws

in their software.  Something so simple and they have no interest in fixing.

I think it's a shame.

Best Regards,

Steve

FYI Autodesk... I'm not able to put a stacked fraction in a multi line attribute either. 

If anyone can show me how to get a fraction in a multiline attribute I'd appreciatre it.

Message 4 of 8
nrz13
in reply to: SteveChestnut

If you're only using 1/4" fractions, and depending on the font you are using, you could copy and paste these special characters in:  ¼ ½ ¾. Not ideal, but it gets a stacked fraction in there.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 8

@SteveChestnut wrote:

FYI Autodesk... I'm not able to put a stacked fraction in a multi line attribute either. 

If anyone can show me how to get a fraction in a multiline attribute I'd appreciatre it.

Set ATTIPE to 1 and try again.

Message 6 of 8
nrz13
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Hey, I learned a new command.  : )
We don't use stacked fractions for legibility reasons so I guess it's never come up.

From the AutoCAD Help file for ATTIPE:
0   Displays the abbreviated Text Formatting toolbar with the in-place editor
1  Displays the full Text Formatting toolbar with the in-place editor

Use the abbreviated Text Formatting toolbar with the in-place editor when modifying multiline attributes for best compatibility with product releases prior to 2008.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 7 of 8

Jason,

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8

You're welcome.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost