Arcs disappear and Quick leaders only go horizontally left and right

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
davidoforlando
771 Views, 11 Replies

Arcs disappear and Quick leaders only go horizontally left and right

I hope some one can help.  I have two questions:

1. When I try to draw an arc AutoCAD says starting point, mid point and then end point.. but the end point is "invalid" and the arc does not show up.

2.  Also when I try to draw a quick leader the leader will only go horizontally and then it does not put an arrowhead on the leader, just makes a horizontal line. wierd.  

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

hi , have you try to install all latest updates from autodesk and see how it goes. thanks. hope it helps.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 12
nestly2
in reply to: davidoforlando

1)  Are you trying to draw a circle, or an arc?  If arc, the start and endpoint need to be different.

2)  Re: Horizontal leaders.   Is ORTHOMODE turned on?  Id

Re: No arrow heads.   Is the first segment of the leader at least twice as long as the arrowhead size (in Dimstyle)?  Is the leader line so long that the arrow head is there, but is just very tiny?

Posting a sample drawing with at least one QLeader may help diagnose the 2nd problem.

Also, which AutoCAD version are you using?

Message 4 of 12
davidoforlando
in reply to: nestly2

I’m trying to draw an arc and yes I have different starting and ending points.  Orthomode of off. And it does not draw an arrow head regardless  how long the leader is.  And I zoomed way in to see if there was an arrow head but there is not. Very strange…  I’m using AC 2015

Message 5 of 12

On the Arc question, are your three points collinear?  That's the invalid situation that comes to mind -- It won't draw a straight Arc.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for the reply.  the arc is not collinear. 

Message 7 of 12
nestly2

Are you viewing the XY Plane from Plan view?

UCS > World

PLAN > World

Otherwise attach a sample drawing with at least one leader you created that appears without an arrowhead 

Message 8 of 12
davidoforlando

Thanks for the reply. and yes, we are using 2D (plan view)

Message 9 of 12
nestly2

Can you  draw a circle?  Can you draw Text/Mtext?  Place a dimension?

Message 10 of 12
davidoforlando

When I click on the 3D icon (world?) it shows the Mtext and the circle, but it will not show the same in plan view

Message 11 of 12
nestly2

Your "View" and your Coordinate system are not sync'd.   Circles, arcs, leaders, Mtext, etc are 2D objects and can only be created on the XY plane,  You can still draw them anywhere in the drawing that you want, and in any direction, but you have to re-orient the UCS first.  If you type UCS at the command line and choose "World" from the option, and then type PLAN at the command line and choose "World" again from the options,  you will be viewing the Plan/Top view of the WCS (World Coordinate System) and you will be able to draw leader, texts, circles etc.

If you only work in 2D, resetting the UCS and PLAN as above may be all you need, but if you're beginning to work in 3D, I recommend getting some reading material, and/or searching Youtube for instructional videos how to manage the UCS in AutoCAD.

Message 12 of 12
davidoforlando

nestly 2:

Wow you are spot on.  I followed the proceedure your described and it worked.  thank you so much.!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost