Did you mean: 

archstyl.shx font style problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mack1242
3548 Views, 4 Replies

archstyl.shx font style problem

My office updated to Autocad 2015 last week,  The archstyl.shx works on 2 of the 3 computers.  The exact same shx file was loaded on all three computers from the server to the Autocad font folder within the program files.  The Autocad has been restarted and the computer has also been restarted.  Within mtext I can click the archstyl.shx file but the preview diplays a romans font.  The text within the drawing also displays a romans font.  

Any ideas?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Mack1242

When you start the file, do you get an error regarding fonts? Or a font substitution alert? Or did you by chance decide to turn that off permanently recently?
If you start STYLE command and try to create s tyle with that font, is it an option?
Are you sure there is not STYLE override inside MTEXT? THat's a key feature of MTEXT.
Message 3 of 5
Mack1242
in reply to: pendean

No there were never any warnings.  When I open drawings with archstyl.shx text it just shows the roman phont as does my mtext preview.

When I try and create a new text style archstyl.shx is an option but the preview shows as romans font.

All other shx files work and preview accordingly except the archstyle.shx font.

I am not aware of any notifications of stle overrides.  

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Mack1242

That LT session/seat is finding another SHX file and using it first, or actively substituting it because it can't find it.

Use WIndows Explorer' Search box and look for that font on the problem PC and delete it/them. Then restart LT and see if the problem goes away.
Message 5 of 5
Mack1242
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean

That worked.  The simplex.shx was located in four different places on my c drive so I deleted them all.  I was then able to copy and past simple.shx back into the autocad font folder and my archstyl.shx still works.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost