Did you mean: 

annotative text

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rclement
611 Views, 5 Replies

annotative text

hey guys another autocad question. im doing a florr layout using autocad. im drawing the layout in model space.

im adding text to describe what the pieces are.if i want my text to be .18 high in paper space. if i want to use annotative text.do i make it .18 high in model space. and when i go to paper space does it stay .18 high or does it shrink to what ever scale i have for my viewport. or does it stay .18 high which is what i want it to display in the f/d in paper space.

sorry learning paper space/model space and its associated commands

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
27thofnever
in reply to: rclement

Message 3 of 6
dbroad

In addition to the previous response,

Annotative text:  Set the paper height to 0.18 when in model space.  In the model space the model height of the text will be larger by the scale factor (Example: 1"=1'-0" scale, model height would be 2.25" for a paper height of 0.18" .  In paper space, the text, if it appears will be 0.18" high. If it does not appear, it may mean that the viewport is not scaled according to the annotation scale.  If it appears but is not 0.18", it means that the viewport is not scaled according to the annotation scale but that you have chosen to display all annotation scaled objects anyway.  (annoallvisible).

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
rclement
in reply to: dbroad

SO THEN WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANNOTATIVE TEXT AND REGULAR TEXT?

WOULD I HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING IF I USED JUST REG. TEXT

Message 5 of 6
dbroad

1) Annotative text does not require you to keep track of the scale factors.  AutoCAD automatically scales it (assuming you have added the current scale to the annotative object).

2)A single annotative dimension or text object can appear the same size in paper space within separate differently scaled viewports.

3)A single annotative text object could be placed in multiple locations (once location per scale).

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 6
rclement

im still trying to get a grip on annotative text,notes and leaders.

ive changed my text to be .18 high in paper space when i check the annotive box i aso add the scale say 1:4 which i assume to be 1/4" = 1"

but changes it in model space also.i do a properties. it tells me scale 1:1, paper space text .18 high model space text .18 high.

which i dont understand. now i do to paper space .illuminate the viewport and stab the text there it tells me paper space text .18 model spqace text .72

why do i get that. dont understand.. i would think its .72 when im in model space and when i go to paper space it should be .18 high.is it somewthing im missing. should i be using a more updated setup drawing? i see how it blows it up when my pointer is over it.

bob c

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost