Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Text Mystery

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TravisSwenson5172
274 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Text Mystery

when I copy annotated text then give it a different rotation angle only the original text rotates, the other one doesn't

what gives?

I work around by unannotating, then copying, then reannotating, but what a hassle

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Could you post a screen shot and/or sample DWG?  I'm having a problem following your set up.  AutoCAD version and if applicable vertical type would also be appreciated.

Something to remember about annotative text is the entity can have different positions and rotations for each assigned annotation scale e..g it can appear moved and rotated at 45 degrees at scale "Fred" and at its base position and rotation at scale "Wilma".

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4

Make sure you have Annotation Visibility turned on.

(First annotative icon at bottom right in ACAD 2014)

The other scales will not display all the time but when you select an object

the active annotation scale will show full weight and the other annotation scale

versions of the same object will display at a lighter weight. 

If you move, copy, rotate or delete with the lighter versions showing

all versions will be modified.

It doesn't hurt anything to work with Annotation Visiblity on.

As you work you can see how many annotation scale versions you have of

an object.  You can always be sure when selecting you are selecting all.

Regards,

Steve

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: TravisSwenson5172

If you select an Annotitive object and ROTATE it, it will rotate at all scales, however if you manually change the rotation angle (Properties Palette) it will only rotate the one that matches the current scale. MOVEing annotative objects works the same way,  if you "MOVE" an annotative object, it moves all of the scales, but if you move an object by it's grip (single instance) you'll only move the one that matches the current scale and the rest remain in their original location.  You can reposition/re-rotate manually, or use the "Syncronize Multiple Scale positions" in the right click context menu.  (ANNORESET)  

Note,when using ANNORESET, the positions/rotations sync with the object that matches the current Annotative scale.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost