Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altering Numerous Mtext objects in multiple drawings

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
adamjennings
338 Views, 8 Replies

Altering Numerous Mtext objects in multiple drawings

Hi  I am looking for a simple solution to replace a single Mtext object 'ISSUE A' to 'AS BUILT' accross around 280 drawings. 

Is there an easier way to do this, rather than what im doing at the minute which is - Opening each file and using find & replace or simply double clicking and typing...

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: adamjennings

Hello from France

You can do this with a Lisp/Vlisp program and with a Script ...

Please find attached a routine from Hmsilva (that I have slighly updated) :  ReplaceMT_ADAM

Thks from Hmsilva ... Please remind that I am not a Lisp/Vlisp programmer !

You can easily adapt this code to other needs : But the Routine is ready to replace 'ISSUE A' to 'AS BUILT'

It works ONLY on uppercase as you were asking for !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
adamjennings
in reply to: braudpat

I have no idea how this works haha,

I have seen it before - but not actually loading or testing anything myself. Is there any form of guides etc which are basic and useful?

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

OK - 1st step :

1) Load one of your DWG to test ...

2) With your keyboard :  APPLOAD  <Enter> to load a Lisp/VLisp/etc routine ... Browse ... Select ... Close/Ok ...

3) With your keyboard :  REPLACEMT_ADAM <Enter>

Is it OK for you ?

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
adamjennings

appload does not want to work for me, ive no idea why 🙂 - it says that it is an unknown command? 

Message 6 of 9
braudpat

Hello

Have you an AutoCAD LT or a REAL AutoCAD ?

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
adamjennings

Hi,

I have autocad LT, does this mean I cannot do this function? Ive tryed every way around it. However, I have completed the work now - but it would be useful for future reference if i can do this type of function at all?

Message 8 of 9
braudpat

Hello

OK it's impossible to run any development with ACAD LT !

So it's normal what you haven't the APPLOAD command ...

You have posted in a "general" REAL AutoCAD forum insted of the specific AutoCAD LT Forum

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT-General/bd-p/43

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
jggerth1

While AutoCAD LT does not support LISP or other programming lanuages, you can simplify your life by investigating Sheet Set Manager, and using Fields in your drawings that are linked to the SheetSet properties.  It takes me less than a minute to update several hundred sheets with a new "Issued" statement.  

It does take some prep work at the beginning -- create a sheet set, add a custom sheetset property for "Issued", and ensure that all my plot-able sheets have the field set up and pointing to the sheetset, but that's really not much more work than using Text in each dwg.  After that, simply manage the proerty value in SSM, and all the sheets will be automagically updated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost