Did you mean: 

Already zoomed out as far as possible issue

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
Iwik
49341 Views, 26 Replies

Already zoomed out as far as possible issue

A rare (but frequent enough to become annoying) and highly problematic issue i have is a drawing suddenly (meaning it occurrs well into it being open) unable to zoom out with an "Already zoomed out as far as possible" message in model space (works fine in paper space?) making the drawing unusable basically.

I can zoom in (but do also get the same error when zooming in) but not zoom out so i have to zoom to extents or press the home button and then slowly zoom back in on every move. Sometimes if i scroll or move the mouse left or right it will let me zoom out slightly then stops.

Note that i have a high end laptop with 8gb of ram so it isnt a hardware issue, running win7_64

I have read through numerous posts on mumerous sites and tried all the suggestions but to no avail as follows.

Zoom to extents and regen all, regen3 etc

Set LIMITS to OFF

RegenAuto to OFF

Audit - no errors

Recover - no errors

Drew a large circle to regen to a larger page

zoom factor 3 and 100 (reset to 60)

Deleted xrefs one by one until core drawing left

Deleted and purged object after object until i was left with the large circle, still wont b#%%y zoom out.

Basically the drawing has became corrupted unless someone has another fix?, My only fix was to create a new drawing and copy all to this. Problem solved but i dont want to do this each time it occurs as i have to recreate and sort all the group filters.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: Iwik

Type PLAN and enter W for World.

Then switch back to the previous view and try Zoom in and out.

Message 3 of 27
JDMather

Try RE Enter and then try the zoom again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 27
Iwik
in reply to: JDMather

Plan and W is a new option i had nit tried but no, had no effect and i included a regen also just to round it off

RE is the regen command but i have already tried this on numerous occassions thanks

Message 5 of 27
pendean

REGENALL command has always been the 'reset' needed to force your video card to dump its cache: how far out do you want to zoom? I took your sample out until it was a dot on my screen.
Message 6 of 27
Iwik
in reply to: pendean

Yes tried all Regen commands Pendean including regenall and jut tried it again on the cutback faulted drawing as interested that you can zoom out. Didnt work as expected. I take it then that you can zoom right in on an elbow and then back again to say take in 2 - 3 elbows?. For me i can not zoom at all. I can zoom in but then not zoom out as always i get already zoomed out as far as possible resulting in having to press home or extents on every action and then zoom back in again for the next edit. In paper space i can zoom in and out with no problem when i enter the viewport but not in model space where i work. It just happens suddenly mid editing on some drawings and i dont know why. 

Message 7 of 27
Ajilal.Vijayan

Setting Plan->World works in my system.

It does a regen when switching to World.

Message 8 of 27
pendean

See attached, your file: ZOOM>Extents then ZOOM/rolled my scroll wheel until it stopped.

So much much more zooming out did you want to do?

Message 9 of 27
Iwik

In case anyone else has this issue which was occurring now on every drawing, even after a complete reinstall, try the following fix.

Note that the issue occurs when CAD briefly stalls (high hard drive activity, screen freezes as is typical on autosaves etc) but then the message Already zoomed out . . . . .. pops up, so

Immediately press the HOME icon on the 3D orbit. 

Fix the view if it switches to perspective

Type Regen3, enter

Seems that if i do not do this, eg: i try and navigate the drawing, i can no longer use the drawing even after attempting the above resulting in transferring the contents to a new file.

Message 10 of 27
dbroad

Thanks for posting this problem. This is the behavior at my computer:  I use the mouse wheel to zoom in and then it wont' back out without double clicking the middle mouse or panning the mouse or fiddling. It locks up zooming in OK but not zooming back out.  From your settings, I would recommend that you keep regenauto on not off.  I don't think it matters here though.  I tried it on 2 different computers with different versions of autocad, operating systems and video cards and saw the same thing.

Others have suggested changing to plan view.  That worked for me sometimes. By changing to plan view and then back to isometric view sometimes it fixed the problem.  At other times it didn't.  Your last solution is more of a workaround.

Another workaround that was more stable was abandoning the 3d visual styles and displaying the drawing with 2d wireframe style.  It seems this is reportable bug.  You should report on

www.autodesk.com/submitbug  Autodesk personnel monitor this and often respond.  This should be fixed.

Another thread that is similar is: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/Why-hasn-t-the-zoom-limit-problem-been-fixe...

BTW, nice workaround to draw the large circle.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 11 of 27
chenchri

I checked the drawing attached. Please try below workaround: 1. enter PERSPECTIVE in command line and change it to 1 2. Zoom Extents 3. change PERSPECTIVE back to 0 The problem happens when the camera values in the drawing have gone wrong. I guess the drawing was original created in a version earlier than AutoCAD 2009? In later releases, this should happen less often. In case it still happens or if you open a drawing from earlier releases that already has this problem, you can try above workaround to fix it.
Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 12 of 27
IB55
in reply to: chenchri

Christopher thank you for your input.

This method does not work for AutoCAD LT. Any advice for LT users?

The problem becomes real issue when you are working within the command (say copy), you have selected number of objects and you are unable to zoom out to complete the command.

Message 13 of 27
chenchri
in reply to: IB55

Hi IB55, 

If you are using LT, I think your drawing is 2D?  That might be a different problem.  

Can you try REGEN command and see if it's good after that?  If not, I will need your problematic drawing to look into more.

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 14 of 27
IB55
in reply to: chenchri

Regen, Zoom Extend etc can not be used when any other commands are already in use (move, copy, etc). If I cancel the command I am trying to accomplish then I can use the Regen all or zoom to extend end zoom out. which means I have to zoom in again to the location start over whatever I was attempting do with hope that this time I can zoom out. This problem was with AutoCAD for a long time and I am surprised that it still not resolved.

Message 15 of 27
pendean
in reply to: IB55

Exactly: a REGEN or REGENALL is not transparent, never has been, still isn't.
The tips above in AutoCAD bypass REGEN and REGENALL commands but still trigger them. If this is a critical need for you might want to consider upgrading.
Message 16 of 27
usafhill22

As I understand it, you are zooming to extents and then using the RE command to be able to zoom in further. I have the same problem, and although it is mildly annoying I can usually fix it by simply using the regen command when the "Already zoomed..." message pops up. Zooming to extents is unnecessary.

Message 17 of 27
Martintj

had this same issue, just drew something outside viable area and then did zoom all and now it can be larger. Simple and works!

Message 18 of 27
PatrickHughes
in reply to: Martintj

Another possible solution is to use the Vmax option and it works transparently. For some reason the option was dropped from the prompt and help file - but it still works.

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com
Message 19 of 27
dswainUXA6W

Still a problem in October 2017.  Might be easier to upgrade to Solidworks. My Plant 3d is flaky, erratic, nearly unusable.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 27
gotphish001
in reply to: dswainUXA6W

I only dabbled with Plant 3D. I can attest it is a bug fest though. Put a fitting in and it shows the flow is stopped because it's not lined up. Takes a few tries snapping the fitting to the same node to get it work right. I've even seen it stop the flow, hit undo to remove the fitting then hit redo and then it doesn't stop the flow. What? I will say that Plant 3D does have some nice features. When I had a partial class on it about 2 years ago I said it was at least a few years from working smoothly IMO. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost