Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align Command Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gavin-90
408 Views, 2 Replies

Align Command Issue

I am using the ALIGN command to overlay two groups of blocks, I'm then using some VBA code to export the coordinates of the blocks to an excel sheet to make comparisons.

The issue I'm having is when I use the ALIGN command the coordinates exported are different to those in the drawing (but only for those moved using the ALIGN command).

I don't get this issue when I use the move, rotate and mirror commands, only ALIGN.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Cheers.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmfrazier
in reply to: gavin-90

"...to export the coordinates of the blocks"

Which coordinates?  (I assume the insert point, but I don't like to assume.)

"...when I use the ALIGN command the coordinates exported are different..."

Are they always different (or just in certain cases)?

Can you give an example of the differences you are seeing?

Are you aligning 2d or 3d blocks?

"I don't get this issue when I use the move, rotate and mirror commands..."

Mirror peaks my interest.  Can you look at Properties (after using each method) to see if there are any "red flags" that show up there?

Message 3 of 3
gavin-90
in reply to: dmfrazier

Each block contains a line and some text representing a beam, the exported co-ordinates are the x and y co-ordinates of the ends of the line. 

Of the spot checks I've done (10 or 15 out of 100's) they are all incorrect co-ordinates.

If I redraw lines using the exported co-ordinates they are just a randon mess of lines, each line in the approximate location of the correct position but at different angles and lengths. 

All of the blocks are 2D and im using the ALIGN not 3D-ALIGN command.

I cant look at the properties right now as I'm not at my computer, but I can get back to you on this in the morning (9:00 GMT)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost