Did you mean: 

Adjust Circle Diameter from Attribute and Parameter in a Dynamic Block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
linktf
1909 Views, 5 Replies

Adjust Circle Diameter from Attribute and Parameter in a Dynamic Block

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a dynamic block that uses a parameter and an attribute definition to determine the diameter of a circle in that block. I plan to export GIS points with diameter in the attribute table into a CAD file with the block definition. I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the parameters to read to attribute definition and adjust the circle diameter. Thanks in advance for you help! Using AutoCAD 2013

FL

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: linktf

You'll have better luck going the other way -- having the attribute read the diameter.  (Use a field)

Message 3 of 6
linktf
in reply to: jggerth1

Thanks, but I want the diameter to come from the GIS points as they are read and placed in the drawing by AutoCAD as blocks, then scale the circle according to the diameter that comes over. Sorry if i'm not being clear, its my first time trying this.

Workflow for GIS to CAD here (http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00100000001r000000.htm)
Message 4 of 6
jggerth1

Sorry --not going to happen that way.  Driving dynamic block parameters from attributes has been a requested item that has not materialized.

If you have Map3d or Civil3D, you could approach the problem from that direction, but AFAIK from Vanilla no joy.  It would be up to the GIS package to make those changes in the circle properties as it creates the export.

Message 5 of 6
linktf
in reply to: jggerth1

aw man... thats no good. Can a AutoLISP command be written to read an attribute in a block and draw a circle with the attribute as the diameter using variables?
Message 6 of 6
rkmcswain

@linktf wrote:
....Can a AutoLISP command be written to read an attribute in a block and draw a circle with the attribute as the diameter using variables?

Yes. You might want to continue this over in one of the customization groups.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost