AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

samfisher12
Message 1 of 2 (1,668 Views)

Adding contour lines to CAD

1668 Views, 1 Replies
10-09-2012 07:49 PM

Hi, I'm pretty new to AutoCAD, and I was wondering how I would go about adding contour lines to a map? I entered roughly 200 points (x, y, and z values) into an x-y plane on AutoCAD and figured that if I were to add contour lines (1' elevation difference), it would rely on the z axis. In short: how do I add contour lines if the points are all plotted? Thanks in advance!

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 2 (1,647 Views)

Re: Adding contour lines to CAD

10-10-2012 04:50 AM in reply to: samfisher12

You posted in the vanilla AutoCAD group, so I guess you are using this and not AutoCAD Map or Civil 3D, right?

You'll need some sort of add-on program like this http://dotsoft.com/mapworks.htm unless you want to manually triangulate those points and then connect like elevations to make the contours yourself.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.