Did you mean: 

Adding a "Seal of Approval" to CADs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
creynoldsvg
854 Views, 3 Replies

Adding a "Seal of Approval" to CADs

Hello,

I am the engineer for a furniture manufacaturer.  We have multiple factories from different place make all of our product.  Every once and awhile, we have a problem were the factory accicentally starts using an old drawing for their production.  The process of creating these factory CADs is that I make the first CAD with the designer.  After that innitial CAD is complete, we send it to the best factory that can produce that sort of design.  That factory then re-engineers the CAD to fit their processes, and send their factory CAD to me for approval.  

The problem is that all I can do at this point is send an email saying "approved".  Is there a better way to do this?  In MSword, there is a way to put a "stamp of authenticity" or approval on the document.  Is there a way to do something like this in AutoCAD?

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi

There is a possibility, try to use Digital Signatures in AutoCAD

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Auto...

Hope this helps you

Cheers

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: creynoldsvg

Or.. Slap a big text or MText in the file, big and huge and noticeable or discreet and tucked into the titleblock, with the words you want.

Or make it into a block.

Remember to include a date/time stamp.

Just like MSWORD.
Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: creynoldsvg

Another alternative would be to use a document control system like Vault where drawings and documents must be checked out through an interface.  That way, the system guarantees that only the most recent approved version is available to others.  It can also control who has access to check in updated versions.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost