AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Contributor
DRoam
Message 1 of 5 (157 Views)

Add to available lineweights in existing drawing

157 Views, 4 Replies
02-06-2013 06:45 AM

Sorry if this question's been asked and answered many times before, I tried a few searches and couldn't find anything similar.

I'm wondering if there's a way to change/add to the list of available lineweights in the dropdown lists in the layer manager. I want to have a thickness of 0.125", but that isn't available. I found that if I issue the STYLESMANAGER command, I can edit lineweights in existing .ctb/.stb files, but I don't know now to transfer that to be available in an existing drawing. Can I just assign a ctb/stb style to my drawing?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (133 Views)

Re: Add to available lineweights in existing drawing

02-06-2013 11:23 AM in reply to: DRoam
Are you using STB or CTB? They don't work the same way and the latter offers no option to pick from LAYER command.

And I have to ask: which column in LAYER are you using exactly?
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Distinguished Contributor
DRoam
Message 3 of 5 (126 Views)

02-06-2013 11:45 AM in reply to: pendean

Honestly, I have no idea if the drawing is using STB or CTB... I don't have any knowledge about what those are or the difference between them.

The command I'm issuing is actually AMLAYER, and the column is the "Lineweight" column. AutoCAD gives me a dropdown with several options, none of which are 0.125". I've got a screenshot below:

Layers.jpg

Does that answer your question?

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 5 (118 Views)

02-06-2013 12:19 PM in reply to: DRoam

That is all the lineweight available, can not add or delete them but you can use CTB to plot to any width.

15 min. video here explains a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiRUtGyiNsg

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 5 of 5 (105 Views)

02-06-2013 02:00 PM in reply to: DRoam

You can easily discover whether you're set up for CTB or STB in the Plot dialog, expanded, in the upper right corner, drop down the Plot Style table list and see what file type shows.

If the advice you've received so far has not helped, since you are running Mechanical, you might get more pertinent help by posting in the Mechanical Discussion area.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.