Finally this has been sorted with the release of the first service pack.
Bit late as I re-wrote most the ones I was using, but a thumbup to the guys at Autodesk anyway.
Now to find something else wrong..........
It was only after I installed the service pack I noticed this was one of the things that had been updated.
So just to make sure it did I dug out one of the old ones that didnt work prior to this and tried it.....and it does actually work (like it should have done originally....got to get that dig in)
Once again thumbs up from me.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.