ACAD 2015 export for 2002 compatibility

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
andrew
306 Views, 6 Replies

ACAD 2015 export for 2002 compatibility

Hi all,

I am a long-time AutoCAD user, new to 2015.

We now have 2015 in the office and are getting complaints from our clients that circles are coming out blocky when viewed on their 2002. We have gone through all outputs going back to R14.dwg and no versions improve the appearance of circles/arcs. This is NOT a Viewres issue.

Also, the DXF's that are exported from our 2015 are not readable from any AutoCAD - they seem corrupt.

Can anyone help resolve these issues... if there is a solution...?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: andrew

REGEN or REGENALL commands fix 'blocky' appearing circles/arcs/curves in every AutoCAD version from R9DOS (when I started) to R2015 today.

While I'm not sure any of us have 2002 still if you want to post a DWG file you saved down to R0014 format here we can all have a look and confirm if it's more than just a REGEN or REGENALL fix or not.

DXF files, like DWG files, have versions too: try aiming for a neutral R12DXF format.
Message 3 of 7
andrew
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply, Pendean.

Please find attached one of our 2000 outputs from 2015.

Please note the following we are experiencing in 2002 from 2015 output:

- Arrows up stairs should have a filled triangle (i.e a solid)

- Dashed lines (LTscale 0.25) coming out continuous

- Arcs/circles blocky

- Times new roman text in title panel showing in outline only

I'd be interested to know what you all can see in various older versions...

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

TIMES NEW ROMAN is filled in your file in 2011, as far as I can go back: of course you have so little of it I had to dig har to find all four entities. Most of your file in ROMAND, hollow SHX stick fonts from Autodesk.

Your 2D plan and titleblock is in WIREFRAME display: why? Setting SHADEMODE to 2D fixed a lot of the other display issues. May be why your recipient was seeing wonky circle and arcs too and why you are too. Why is this setting chosen? Might explain why when you use a TTF font it goes hollow too. This may be your primary problem.

VIEWRES is set too low for some reason. I did not change it: you know what to do.

Your file contains AEC content or possibly content still from R2015: are you using the export feature to properly downgrade the file? A simple SAVEAS is not good enough.

Here is your fixed file back, exported to R14 format as well if you want to send it.

Message 5 of 7
andrew

SHADEMODE worked a treat. Thanks very much.

How do I export to downgraded file without SAVEAS?

Message 6 of 7
pendean
Message 7 of 7
andrew

Never heard of that before - I'll give that go.

Many thanks for your help Pendean - much appreciated.

X

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost