Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2014 layout views won't update and are not recognized.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
markmarzluf
4705 Views, 24 Replies

ACAD 2014 layout views won't update and are not recognized.

Product Version I.108.0.0, Autocad 2014 SP1

.  In paper space, using layout base views.  Drawings are fine for a while, but suddenly none of the views in paperspace will update or be recognized.  In many instances, the associated dimemsions will update, but visually, the views stop updateding.  When manually selecting "Update View" and selecting a view to be update, none of the views I click on are recognized.  

So far I have tried the following:

1.) Purge

2.) Audit

3.) Save As - Rename

4.) complete Shut Down / Restart.

Nothing seems to fix this issue and it has happened on more than one occasion and with mulitple drawings.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Jelle64
in reply to: jerodt

I also know this trick. Sometimes it does update, I always do it first .But
with the problem I describe it doesn't update at all. So I have to start
with a new template, I can reuse the model and all the work start allover
again, the most work.
Message 22 of 25
jerodt
in reply to: Jelle64

Another trick I just tried as inserting another base view didn't work was to click on a projected view or base view with propeties on and change the scale. This changed the view when update wasn't working. I changed the scale back to the original scale to make the drawing as per original. I had to use properties dialogue box (Ctrl 1) as "Edit View" in the ribbon wasn't working for these views that weren't auto updating. The "Edit View" was working for the new base view i tried to use as an view updating trick.

Message 23 of 25
jerodt
in reply to: jerodt

To get this to work I am finding that I have to insert a new "base view" which I later delete as well as change the scale of the base view which isn't updating by changing scale through properties dialogue box - CTRL 1.

Message 24 of 25
ovidiu.titei
in reply to: markmarzluf

there seems to be a solution to this problem, works all the time for me, CTRL+A (select all objects in model space, solids included), delete them all follow by the magic touch "OOPS"

problem solved, enjoy

Ovidiu

Message 25 of 25
rgenz
in reply to: markmarzluf

Hopefully this helps some people, it works for me. it is really a pretty simple fix, but a problem that needs a ddressed for sure. For me running 2016, i simple do a recover, instead of a open. so with a open drawing type recover, then navigate to the problem file and select it, the recovery process fixes the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost