Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2014 layout views won't update and are not recognized.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
markmarzluf
4759 Views, 24 Replies

ACAD 2014 layout views won't update and are not recognized.

Product Version I.108.0.0, Autocad 2014 SP1

.  In paper space, using layout base views.  Drawings are fine for a while, but suddenly none of the views in paperspace will update or be recognized.  In many instances, the associated dimemsions will update, but visually, the views stop updateding.  When manually selecting "Update View" and selecting a view to be update, none of the views I click on are recognized.  

So far I have tried the following:

1.) Purge

2.) Audit

3.) Save As - Rename

4.) complete Shut Down / Restart.

Nothing seems to fix this issue and it has happened on more than one occasion and with mulitple drawings.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
pendean
in reply to: markmarzluf

not recognized? Are all your layers on/thawed and unlocked?
Does REGENALL not work?
Message 3 of 25
markmarzluf
in reply to: pendean

Not recognized - as in, if I select a view (even the parent) and then click EDIT VIEW, it normally brings up the edit ribbon, but when this probblem arises, after clicking EDIT VIEW, my standard ribbon comes back up and its like I never selected a view in the first place.  Also, clicking on UPDATE VIEW promts me to select a view to update, but when I select a view, it simply says that the vew is up to date.  When clearly, its not..

regenall doesnt seem to affect the views at all..

Also, creating new baase views works right up to the point of placing the view, but then nothing is created, or I get an empty view (red box) at 0,0,0.

Message 4 of 25
markmarzluf
in reply to: pendean

Yes, all layers are On, Thawed, and Unlocked.

Message 5 of 25
johned55

I'm having the same issues and I'm hoping that someone has found an answer to this problem.

I've use these BASE VIEW, SECTIONS, PROJECTED & DETAIL, on several other drawings, but for some reason this one is a complete pain in the butt.

Could the size to the drawing have anything to do with it?

This drawing is 16,242 KB

Freedom is not Free
Message 6 of 25
DavidJFuller

Do you perhaps have viewports overlapping? (We've) experienced odd problems in this case, viewports not regenerating has been one, along with viewports not Plotting.

My $0.02

Message 7 of 25
JWUKOVITS
in reply to: DavidJFuller

I have a similiar issue. If I -plot (using a script) when the view name is entered, it returns "not found" even though it exists as a model view.

Any ideas?

Message 8 of 25
Jelle64
in reply to: JWUKOVITS

I also have the same problem.

I even restart my PC, clean it up.

I hope AUCAD will solve this problem.

Message 9 of 25
Chuck.Ross

I have the same problem - Drawing views not updating - not "recognized" as other replies note.

BIG PROBLEM - AUTODESK What is happening - I see these posts are unsolved for months and months now. We need a solution!

Chuck Ross

Message 10 of 25
pendean
in reply to: Chuck.Ross

This is peer support: end users helping other end users. Since no one here is offering a DWG file or any explanation on how to replicate the problem most users trying to help you all can't.

If you want Autodesk's attention, do it where they look for feedback:
- If you are on subscription, tap the CONTACT US button when you log into that site.
- Report a bug: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112
- Give them feedback http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
- Make it a wishlist http://www.augi.com/wishlist
Message 11 of 25
blissmx

Good Day Sir,

We are haveing this same issue here at our office and this thread is the only place I've seen any mention of this issue.

I was just wondering if you ever discoverd the root of the issue or have come up with a solutions.

Cheers,

-Ben

Message 12 of 25
nestly2
in reply to: blissmx

I've reported a few situations that can cause Drawing Views to become unresponsive.  As far as I know, none of them have been resolved yet, but the more people that report an issue, the more likely it is to be addressed. so as suggested by pendean above, create a support request if you're on Subscription, otherwise notify Autodesk about the issue via the Bug Report or Feedback forms.

Message 13 of 25
JWUKOVITS

I have not received or developed a solution to this problem yet.

******************************************************************************************************************************

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and the property of the ITW Security and Brand Identity Group. They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, storing, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you believe you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system.

Thank you for your cooperation.
P Please, consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

******************************************************************************************************************************
Message 14 of 25
blissmx
in reply to: JWUKOVITS

ok, thanks

Message 15 of 25
Chuck.Ross

This may not be the answers to everyone's issues but I have discovered that drawing views are not backwards compatible for different views. That is to say If you created the drawing in AutoCAD 2015. The Drawing Views cannot be edited in AutoCAD 2014. - It does not matter what version you save the files to. Drawing Views are not backward compatible. - I don't recall ever seeing this before, but found it in the AutoCAD 2015 documentation.

Charles Ross
Message 16 of 25
mike7050

I have had this problem also.  3 years ago we almost used the "base view / projected view" technique...backed away when we could not be guarrenteed the views would up-date.       The current project (one part of it)  11 drawings, 2 won't up-date.   This morning I re-installed Autocad 2014, hoping to fix it...NO.  Once I inserted a block from a different program, that caused views to not up-date...got rid of block, fixed that problem (once). 

I'm new to this feed group thing, so I don't know if my attachment is available.  This is one of the drawings I get to re-do.  All client info has been stripped.  the "base view" is the bottom left of this drawing.

Thanks for any help offered.

Message 17 of 25
blissmx
in reply to: mike7050

If you delete all the base views, you can then reinsert them and they will become live again. If you've done all your dim and callouts in paper space, you just have to be sure you use the same scale and then re-align the base view with your annotitations.

I've found this to be a 'work around'

Cheers,

-Ben

Message 18 of 25
mike7050

You are correct...but that should not be required.  There should be a fix.

Message 19 of 25
mike7050
in reply to: mike7050

I've been careful, because of this problem.  I did find when my son edited one of my drawings with 2015, the base vew and all projected, section views became un-responsive.

Unfortunately here I am again.  I will be redoing a drawing I did last November.  Sure wish AutoDesk would fix this problem.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 25
jerodt

I may have stumbled across a solution to this problem. I have AutoCAD 2016 and was having the same problem with base views not updating after an xref model was reloaded (from the model being changed). "Update views" wasn't working, so without deleting the original base view & views I inserted another base view of the same model, the new base view was showing the correct detail, and then I noticed all the other views were now updated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost