Did you mean: 

ACAD 2014 - Block-based multileader weird color behavior

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bemonddgs
851 Views, 8 Replies

ACAD 2014 - Block-based multileader weird color behavior

Hi.

I'm trying to create a block-based multileader style, but I'm running in a weird color behavior issue. below is the block used as the base as seen in block editor :

BLKEDITOR.jpg

The issue arise with the hatch. I've been using a version without a hatch for a long time without any issues ever, but I would like to have hatch so that I don't have to trim overlapping lines or add boundaries to background hatches, which make any kind of afterthought modifications a pain.

In model space, everything seems fine :

MSPACE.jpg

But when seen in paper space, the hatch suddenly takes the layer color (in this case, blue). It's the same wether the multileader is copied directly on the paper or viewed through a viewport. 

PSPACE.jpg

Why is this happening and is there a workaround? I can't use a wipeout because for some reason, I can't do an ellipsoid wipeout and you can't make an ellipse with polyline arcs.

Thank you

Civil Engineer & Project Manager
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
apurva_123
in reply to: bemonddgs

open block in block editer and select all object (*including hatch) and specify "by block" or "255" in layer colour properties(as you want).

OR change current layer setting in paperspace while inserting multileader.

please see attached dwg file.

Message 3 of 9
kasperwuyts

If you would post the block i could take a look at this. I too have created my own block based multileader with a filled white (RGB color 255,255,255) background. I make a good habbit of always setting everything to 'ByLayer', and this never gets me into trouble. Ofcourse, you need layers for everything; but having an extensive layer list isn't much of a problem.

Changing the colour property to ByBlock as mentioned above here is a weird advice, especially considering my hunch this is actually the root of the problem.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

Block which I created is in same dwg file that I attached.

Message 5 of 9
CADmgrMike

I just had this happen to me yesterday on a drawing.

We have a multileader that uses a custom block with a background mask color that doesn't print.

We literally have this multileader in thousands of drawings and it's fine.

Yesterday I copied the multileader from one drawing to another one and the masking all of a sudden became the same color as the layer the multileader was on.

I attached a screen shot of what it typically looks like and also what I'm getting in the one drawing.

Another interesting note is if I place the bad mleader into modelspace, it is fine, but if I show it in a paperspace viewport it is not.

I have my reseller tech support working on this also.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 6 of 9
bemonddgs
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I haven't responded in a long time because I was "stuck" on a construction site for a while, but i fixed the issue by simply making a brand new drawing. I had noticed the colors were ok in paperspace in any new drawing so I just copied and moved everything to a new file. It made for a pretty efficient purge too. Now I use it as my starting template for new projects to make sure I don't have this issue anymore.

This indicates that it's probably an issue with the particular drawing, maybe because it was first drawn in an earlier version or because it's conflicting with something else in that drawing. 

Hope that helps.

Civil Engineer & Project Manager
Message 7 of 9
CADmgrMike

One thing I forgot to mention in the last post was in trying to figure the issue out, I started detaching xrefs and all of a sudden the issue fixed itself.

I could not pinpoint it to one particular xref, so I'm still confused on why it happened.

In my particular case, I have 23 drawings basically the same, created the same time using the same template, and this issue just all of a sudden popped up in one drawing.

I'm thinking it's a bug, and something we're all doing but haven't figured out yet, is triggering it to happen.

Mike Porter
Message 8 of 9
Raymarcher
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I have the same issue in AutoCAD Civil 2017.

Very annoying making Multileader blocks and background hatch useless.

In my plans it only happens when I attach the drawing with said blocks as xref in another dwawing.

Message 9 of 9
CADmgrMike
in reply to: Raymarcher

Update:

I did figure out how to fix our issue and it had to do with the "object creation order".

I had to recreate the objects with the masking so that the mask was created before the linework.

Then the problem inserting the block into drawings went away.

Kind of quirky how C3D does this.

Mike Porter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost