AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Patron_Vectras
Message 1 of 2 (372 Views)

ACAD '13 Save as, click shortcut folder, opens explorer window

372 Views, 1 Replies
06-18-2012 09:47 AM

Howdy,

One of our stations is doing something odd, but not unreasonably difficult to work around.

Hopefully just as easy to fix.

AutoCAD 2013 single server license on a 32-bit Win XP.

When we have our file open, then select Save As, the dialog box opens fine.

Then, we select a shortcut folder and instead of going to that location inside the dialog box, it opens a new Windows Explorer window at the location. If we go back and right-click the shortcut folder in the dialog box, "Select" is the bolded first option. "Open" is the second, normal option. When we select "Select," nothing happens. When we select "Open," it opens the window externally.

We would like to be able to navigate shortcuts inside the dialog box. Please tell me if you need more information.

We can save in My Docs and move the file, but it would be nice to fix this ASAP.

I am running ACAD '13 on a Win7 64-bit and am not having this problem.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (358 Views)

Re: ACAD '13 Save as, click shortcut folder, opens explorer window

06-18-2012 10:13 AM in reply to: Patron_Vectras

Check your Windows Explorer settings to make sure that you do not have to checked to open each Explorer folder in its own separate Windows process. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.