Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little assistance please with lines

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HullDrafter
257 Views, 4 Replies

A little assistance please with lines

I need a bit of assistance. First, if I could share the drawing, I would.

I am trying to get my drawing to stand out. I have scaled the lineweights because right now I am printing on 8.5x11.

First, all pen settings are black. The drawing prints very faint.

The text is on a layer that is white in color. When I changed the line weight to .70 the text stands out beautifully. The Title bolck comes out clean, I won't mess with it.

The rest of the drawing is extremely faint.

I have yellow (don't ask me, I don't know why), red and assorted other colors. I changes all of those to .60 lineweight, but everything is the same washed out light grey.I drew Revcloud around the new items. The line color is red. I changed the lineweight to .6 and even .7 and it didn't change in the print at all. I don't think the color had anything to do with it, I ran a test with 7 lines of layer 0 but each of the different colors; 1; 2; 3...etc. I also created individual layers in which the coilor match the layer; ie 1; 2; 3..... with colors red, yellow, green...etc, they didn't show any difference when plotted. Just same washed out, near invisible drawing. Anything someone can suggest would be outstanding. I am running out of ideas to bring out the rest of the drawing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: HullDrafter

Do you see colored lines in the plot preview?
If so, go into your CTB file and change all PENS to 7.
In the Form View tab of the Plot Style Table Editor, this should be "Pen #".
In the Table View tab this would be the line that says "Use assigned pen #".
???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 5
HullDrafter
in reply to: scot-65

Sorry, forgot to mention that one, all pens are set to 7. The drawings are coming out black, white and gray.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: HullDrafter

What about the Dithering And Grayscale settings in your plot style table?
And are you sure you are editing the correct CTB?

As a test, select the generic MONOCHROME plot style table: if that fails too then you missed something to share info from your PLOT commands popup settings. That one always works with the 1-255 colors (CTB doesn't work with true colors).
Message 5 of 5
HullDrafter
in reply to: pendean

An older drafter helped me to find the problem. The pens were all set for black but three of them had pen line thickness settings that I, in my ignorance thought that they should be set to object line weight. Brand new computer, brand new autocad, I am the first user. But, three pen settings were in place. Very aggravating.

Thank you all, for your assistance.

HD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost