Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DCONFIG "Unknown command in AutoCAD2015

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
coralie.jacobi
2199 Views, 12 Replies

3DCONFIG "Unknown command in AutoCAD2015

Anybody know what happen to this command? Is there a replacement?

thanks

cj

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
nestly2
in reply to: coralie.jacobi

GRAPHICSCONFIG   however 3DCONFIG should still work unless you've disabled synonym search.

Message 3 of 13
coralie.jacobi
in reply to: nestly2

no synoym in place, and the GRAPHICSCONFIG doesnt' give you the same info as 3DCONFIG did. It allowed you to check for updated display drivers for your video card.

Message 4 of 13
nestly2

@cjacobi wrote:

no synoym in place, and the GRAPHICSCONFIG doesnt' give you the same info as 3DCONFIG did. It allowed you to check for updated display drivers for your video card.

Yeah, the old one was much more customizable for specific graphic performance.  It seems they're cookie cutting Hardware Acceleration settings now... pretty much either ON or OFF,

*edit / correction

There was an "update" button, but I never had it find anything but certified driver database updates... but perhaps it could also update drivers?  No idea how to do that now other than by manually visiting the Certified hardware page(s)

Message 5 of 13
ampster401

the other day I was exploring a problem with what turned out to be an Express Tool command and I recall seeing 3dconfig as an Express Tool, do you have that installed?

I should note we're up to 2014 - so I have not seen 2015 yet.

Message 6 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: ampster401

something i found out

As more graphics cards and 3D display drivers are tested, they are added to a list on the Autodesk website. By default, AutoCAD automatically checks for certification updates.

or did Autocad always do this?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
nestly2
in reply to: DarrenP

AFAIK, in 2014 and earlier, the user had to click the button inside 3DCONFIG to check for updates to the Certified Hardware XML database (which was then downloaded and stored locally).  I'm not sure how it works now, but it seems to be automatic because the button appears to be gone.

Message 8 of 13
cpadilla

It works for me

Message 9 of 13
pendean

Friend, since AutoCAD 2014 3DCONFIG calls GRAPHICSCONFIG command.

3DCONFIG is an alias in the stock ACAD.PGP file that comes with R2014 and R2015: look it up there if you want. It would appear you use your own PGP file.
Message 10 of 13
ampster401
in reply to: pendean

I might have provided bad info I guess.  I had found 3dconfig in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Express\alias.pgc and didn't look any further.

Message 11 of 13
pendean
in reply to: ampster401

No worries, we are all here to help by doing our best.
Message 12 of 13
cpadilla

No, I do not use my own.PGP file, I use my toolbars for commands, I just type 3DCONFIG and I get a "Graphics Performance" dialog box, what else can I say.

Message 13 of 13
nestly2

@pendean wrote:
Friend, since AutoCAD 2014 3DCONFIG calls GRAPHICSCONFIG command.

3DCONFIG is an alias in the stock ACAD.PGP file that comes with R2014 and R2015: look it up there if you want. It would appear you use your own PGP file.

Actually, 2014 and earlier had both 3DCONFIG (Adaptive Degredation) and GRAPHICSCONFIG (Manual Performance Tuning) as separate commands with different dialog boxes/options.

2015 appears to have eliminated the "3DCONFIG" dialog/options entirely, and GRAPHICSCONFIG is a brand new "Graphics Performance" dialog with only 4 of the previous graphics options still available  (the 5th option, Linesmoothing, is new to 2015)  Help does state that the hardware list is updated automatically, so presumably you'll recieve a popup when a new update list or driver is available, however I am definetly running outdated drivers and have never yet recieved any notifications.  Help also states that you can right click on the status bar icon to reset graphics to default, but that's not the case for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost