Did you mean: 

3D Wireframe Plotting Issue with Solution

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MNZ_Moni
1844 Views, 0 Replies

3D Wireframe Plotting Issue with Solution

Dear All,

I'm a mechanical engineer and I have been using AutoCAD since 2004. I'm now using AutoCAD 2014. Recently, I was designing a part of a combustion reactor when I came across a plotting issue. Please refer to the first attached image. As you can see, the drawing was partially plotted, as if there was an invisible curtain covering it. My preference was it to be plotted in 3D hidden wireframe.

All plotting devices and formats (Web JPG, Web PNG, Plot to PDF, Foxit PDF and even using physical printer) did not solve the problem. The image was even partially plotted in plot preview, and only occured to isometric projection. I tried changing all the plot settings (plot scale, plot properties, what-to-plot et cetera) and I tried changing visual styles, shade plot, viewports, linescale, lineweight and other settings I know of, to a point where I actually redrew the entire thing in two separated model spaces, but still to no winning end. Sometimes, the layout appears correctly in plot preview, but when plotted, that particular viewport just mysteriously disappeared. Most of the times, the viewport was just blank. Please refer to the 2nd attachment. 

I self-taught myself AutoCAD although I did take a course on it during my degree years almost a decade back. I'm using a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with 3.6GHz AMD processor, supported with 8GB RAM and a 6670 HD ATI Radeon Graphic Card. So far I think the hardware is sufficient for such a simple drawing. 

Anyway, I solved the problems by accident -- I duplicated the object in model space and placed it at a random spot (not shown in viewports) and three quarter of the isometric view of the object was plotted successfully. I duplicated three more of the objects and placed them randomly in model space and, surprisingly, particularly following all the series of frustrations, the layout was successfully and fully plotted, as shown in the 3rd attachment. 

I have no idea how or why the layout was only correctly plotted when the object was duplicated and placed at random spots in model space. Now this approach could be just a primitive one, but somewhat it solved the problem. I'm sharing this for the experts to analyze, after being advised by @AutoDeskHelp on Twitter, with hopes that this will assist in the advancement of AutoCAD development. I apologize if this post does not meet the requirements of this forum, for I am usually the reader, and this in my first post here. 

Hope this helps those who face the similar problem. Thanks and have a nice day ahead everyone. 

Regards, 

MNZ Moni, Malaysia.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost