Did you mean: 

3D viewer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mosness
536 Views, 5 Replies

3D viewer

I have a 3d solid model that I want another company to be able to view buy rotating it in orbit and zooming in and out, but I don't want to send them the actual autocad drawing file.   Is there any free software that can convert this solid model to ? and rotate around in it like orbit in autocad?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: mosness

You can publish a 3D DWF file and view it in Design Review.  You can also using Navisworks Simulate or Manage (included in most Suite products) to publish an NWD file which can be opened by the free Navisworks Freedom.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
pendean

3DDWF command in AutoCAD perhaps? The recipient would need to download and install the DWF viewer (or sign up for the cloud viewer I suppose).

Or you could purchase sdomething like this (there are others) http://www.tetra4d.com/products and generate a 3DPDF to send them.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMtC_S8v4Kg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJg0_rnLZH0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbWtDkeMmpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SFmRZXdQQ
and so on.
Message 4 of 6
nestly2

Although I haven't used it, I'm pretty sure AutoCAD360 allows you to give access for named users to view a drawing without giving access to the actual file (ie no download or edit permissions)

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

*.dwfx allows viewing in Internet Explorer Browser with Vista or later OS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
mosness

Thank you all for your solutions. They all would have worked. I ended up installing design review 2013 to view the 3D DWF file. It worked great. So thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost