Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D to 2D Conformal Mapping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ganderson
512 Views, 4 Replies

3D to 2D Conformal Mapping

Is there a tutorial for doing conformal mapping from 3D to 2D? I have a rather odd shape that I have a 3D scan for that I would like to project to 2D to make a cover. I have AutoCAD 2013. Is this possible?

Thanks,

~Vonnie

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hgasty1001
in reply to: ganderson

Hi,

I'm not sure if there are a plugin for doing that in Autocad, but SketchUp has a plugin for shadow projection analysis: Shadows

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 5
ganderson
in reply to: hgasty1001

Thanks for the suggestion, but Shadows seems to be looking at shadow projection, I'm looking for something that will give me a 2D pattern that I can use to cover a 3D object. Is there any way of doing that?

Thanks,

~Giovonnae

Message 4 of 5
hgasty1001
in reply to: ganderson

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand, what do you mean by "cover"? Perhaps you are talking about a flat pattern, please post a picture and a better description of your problem.

Gaston Nunez

Message 5 of 5
ganderson
in reply to: hgasty1001

Sorry I've been traveling and just got home to look at this. Yes, a flat pattern is exactly what I'm looking for. Is it possible to generate a flat pattern from a 3D figure?  For instance, could I generate a cover for a ball from a 3D figure of a ball? Sorry I don't have a picture. at this point it's only a thought experiment. Thanks,

~Giovonnae

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost