3D SOLID

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CADEngr2014
777 Views, 5 Replies

3D SOLID

Hello,

I am new to solids and working with them.  I created a non symetrical, upside down pyramid shape which I want to be a solid but not sure how to convert the 3d breaklines into a solid.  For now I have used the "3F" command to make the sides a 3d face so at least I can see the shape as if it is a solid, but it is not.  Is there a quick way I can convert this odd shape into a 3d solid?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: CADEngr2014

As far as I know, there's no direct conversion from 3DFACE to 3DSOLID, but you could convert your 3DFaces to Surfaces using CONVTOSURFACE command, then SURFSCULPT command to create a 3DSOLID  (surfaces must be watertight)  That however is probably not the most efficient method. Depending on the geometry, perhaps it would be easier to SLICE a larger Solid, or LOFT the pyramid base profile to a POint.

Message 3 of 6
CADEngr2014
in reply to: nestly2

When you say "watertight" you mean completely enclosed 360 degrees?

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

Loft to Point.PNG

Simply loft from a point to your profile.

Attach your *.dwg file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
CADEngr2014
in reply to: JDMather

Ok, I have attached my drawing file.  All I am trying to do is make a solid from the green colored shape provided.  I have it as 3d faces I believe.

Message 6 of 6
nestly2

LOFT is probably the command best suited.  Create a closed polyline, a surface, or a 3Dface representing the "top" and "bottom" of the pyramid and LOFT those objects into a Solid.  (Depending on which type of object you start with, make sure MOde is set to Solid, not Surface) and choose "Ruled" as the Loft type to avoid rounding of the edges.

Loft.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost