3D Scaling

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nexty
221 Views, 2 Replies

3D Scaling

Hello,

I'm currently facing some issue while I have done my 3D models using autocad, bear in mind that I'm completly new with Autocad, and that why I'm posting here, asking for best practice or at least been guide to the proper way,

I have to scale down the yellow part (only the inside), but I'm not sure what has to be done, I'd like to avoid having to redesign the whole project

3d scale..PNG

I remember that the base line has been define as region if that help

any help would be appreciate

thanks,

Quentin.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: nexty

If you only need to change the diameter of one feature, you may be able to use the SOLIDEDIT > Offset Faces tool.  If you need to change the whole piece, perhaps SLICE it off modify it, and then re-UNION it. (or just recreate that portion from scratch) If it's a simple matter of SCALING, just rescale the sliced part as a 3D solid, however if you need to modify the shape, it may be easer to explode it into Surfaces/Region, delete all but the top or bottom profile (region) Explode that again to further reduce to 2D geometry, modify as needed and re-extrude into a solid.

SLICE-Modify-Union.gif

Message 3 of 3
nexty
in reply to: nestly2

Nesly you're a star!

I wish I can have your skill - be able to reproduce the pieces and show me that by a video is the best way!

I'll give a try soon,

if you're planning to make private course on how to use autocad, I'll be your first student!! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost