Did you mean: 

3d object edge lineweight

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
evvaletov
2459 Views, 3 Replies

3d object edge lineweight

I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I tried to find a solution and did not.

A dwg file consists of lots of lines, as well as 2d and 3d objects. The lines plot perfectly, but the 2d and 3d objects' edges are marked by thick lines in layout.

It happens that this works fine for the 3d objects, but it makes the 2d surfaces look disproportionately eye-catching, whereas they must look flat and relatively inconspicous.

Therefore, I would like to reduce this object edge lineweight for some or all objects.

I haven't found an appropriate setting in object properties, so this obviously must be some global setting.

I tried a few things like unchecking "Plot object lineweights" and "Plot with plot styles" in Page Setup, but that did not solve the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: evvaletov

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

can you upload this file (or a testfile) where we can see that different lineweights?

I would start to verify the visual style for the viewport as rendered/shaded types of visual styles may show different results for simple 2D objects or 3D objects (those are then really rendered).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
evvaletov
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks.

Here is a fragment of the original model. The 2d surface with the text "PAX" is an item I would like to fix, as its edges are too thick in Layout and when plotted.

Message 4 of 4
evvaletov
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I see that setting the Show propery Silhouette Edges to 'No' fixes the problem.

Thank you very much for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost