4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
darawork
425 Views, 4 Replies

2015 - Wobbly OSNAP detection...

Hi,

I have a really annoying problem in AutoCad 2015:

When trying to model 3D solids in a 3D view the OSNAP detection is horrible. Say I'm trying to draw a polyline starting from an ENDpoint, I move the crosshairs to the obvious singular ENDpoint on the corner of a cube.... the osnap Marker will appear, then shift slightly between two clearly distinct Markers, only slightly but enough to make me think there are two ENDpoints in that location very close together. There are not two ENDpoints, there is definitely only one. It will start drawing the polyline from the singular ENDpoint, but it freaks me out basically.

Another thing is zooming in really closely; Previous AutoCad versions allowed the user to zoom in really closely at intersections and other elements, almost infinitely zooming... only inhibited by the occasional REGEN requirement. A nice stable zoom process. BUT NOW, it is completely messed up. Zooming in results in the focal point shifting and stuttering almost as if it is zooming into a randomly jumping around focal point. Try it, see if it happens for you too?

Yet another annoyance is when UNIONing solids together (Simple geometric shapes) more often than not the resulting solid will show a join vertex, for no reason that I can see. Say for instance I draw two simple seperate cubes in a row, seperated by a gap. I then move one with an ENDpoint as a basepoint ortographically (in a straight line) onto the midpoint of the other cube. Type UNI, select the two boxes and press enter.... they UNION correctly but there will be a vertex line drawn at the part where they overlap. There is no reason for the line, the cubes are the same size, orientation... no slightly weird angles... nothing that would warrent any join lines appearing. This really, really annoys me.

It is like AutoCAD 2015 is not accurate at all on my machine, for some reason or another. Doing the most simplist of everyday tasks is beyond it's limited scope of ability.

Can anyone else confirm any of these defining characteristical 'Quirks' ? Or is it just my installation / hardware conbination?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
darawork
in reply to: darawork

... and what is with that really annoying '3-pixels-too-small-for-the-screen' maximized window ffs.

Perhaps an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters is the solution to this rats nest of code?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 5
nestly2

I've chalked #1 up to the video subsystem/video driver. When using 2015 compatible drivers, i found acquiring 3DOsnaps was quite tedious as you described (the new driver also had the same affect on ACAD2011 thru 2014). I've benched 2015 for other reasons, but that problem went away after reverting to an older Quadro driver.
Message 4 of 5
darawork
in reply to: nestly2

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 5 of 5
ParishSouthBdx

regarding your third issue with union lines displaying, have you tried MODIFY>SOLIDS EDITING> CLEAN from the pull downs or

clean.jpg

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost