Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015, Why oh Why?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
TrevN
1038 Views, 23 Replies

2015, Why oh Why?

So, having installed 2015 and starting it for the first time all I can say is what a pile of C**P!

Autodesk tell us the new dark colours are to lessen the eye strain. Well the contrast is nice, but when you can't see the icons because they are so much smaller and fuzzy, it doesn't really help with the eye strain does it!

So once again our subscription cash is put to great use!

Shame I have no control, otherwise I wouldn't be using ANY Autodesk products!

Rant over.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
rkmcswain
in reply to: nestly2

nestly2 wrote:

The bigger problem is that they keep piling on code for gimmicks that many users don't want/need anyway *coughcursorbadgescough* instead of using those resources to fix the problems that have long been complained about by users.

I can't help from quoting @sboon here. It seems like the right time again.

"The basic premise which you must keep in mind is that the interests of the shareholders supersede everything else."

-sboon

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 22 of 24
sboon
in reply to: rkmcswain

Just over 2,000 posts so far - and THIS is the one that people remember!  Thanks Rick Smiley Wink

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 23 of 24
nestly2
in reply to: rkmcswain

I'm actually not grasping the corrolation.  Is the suggestion that "Corporate" sent orders down the line to programmers to make specific color changes to the color scheme, or that shareholders are more/less likely to keep shares because of the new color scheme vs the old, or something else? 

I think it's more like the people in the new features department got together and said "Hey, we have to do something for the next release or they might figure out that our jobs aren't really that necessary.  Yeah you're right, what about making everything in the interface blue and grey?  Yeah, lets do that!  Whew, glad we figured that out, what's our tee time this morning?"

Message 24 of 24
rkmcswain
in reply to: nestly2

I think you nailed it.

In basic terms....
The shareholders demand success.
The company achieves this best by selling new seats and subscriptions.
In order to do so, the marketing people need new features to market because "we fixed an issue from the last release" doesn't sell new seats.

I'm not picking on Autodesk, I think this is fairly SOP across the board.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost