Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Visual LISP Console

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
1314 Views, 30 Replies

2015 Visual LISP Console

Anybody noticed that when you Load active edit window the window gets smaller? Grrrrr!

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not see that happening here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yep, happens to me all the time. Also, when the console opens for the first time in a session the file windows are moved such that the scrollbars are always active. Irritating.

I'll have a play around and maybe end up with a re-install.

Message 4 of 31
neoKahn

Same thing here...really annoying.  Tiling my windows vertically leaves them hanging off the botom edge of the screen like it is arraging to a screen bigger than what I have.  And then when shwtching between loaded files the windows keeping getting smaller.  This has been happening since the very first release of 2015 and has not been solved by any of the service packs.

It is untennable with the workspace always an evolving changing mess, so I have to do all my development work in 2014.  😞

Please can haz fix?

Click for Video

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: neoKahn

I'm glad it's not just me! But if Randy's ok then there must be a reason why we have the problem. I may also drop back to 2014 for a while...
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous

Got 2014 back and all's well with the IDE.

Message 7 of 31
neoKahn

Problem still persists in 2016.  Grrrrr!

Evidently the devs at autodesk don't bother to look at this forum or just don't care about problems with their software.  Too busy adding another useless feature to satisy subscribers who always want new stuff to play with regardless of its true value than they are about fixing this kind of problem. 

Fix this Autodesk!  So far I have paid for two subscription renewals so I can stay glued to my two year old version because it is the only one that works properly.

Message 8 of 31
rkmcswain

kevinscottduffy wrote:

Evidently the devs at autodesk don't bother to look at this forum or just don't care about problems with their software.

You're not understanding the business of Autodesk. My friend @sboon summed it up nicely like this:

"The basic premise which you must keep in mind is that the interests of the shareholders supersede everything else." -sboon

kevinscottduffy wrote:

So far I have paid for two subscription renewals so I can stay glued to my two year old version because it is the only one that works properly.

...and that pretty much proves the point.

Message 9 of 31
Balaji_Ram

Hi Kevin,

I do not find any previous reports of such behavior related to VLisp IDE that was logged with our engineering team.

Please let me know the steps to reproduce the behavior and i can log it with our engineering team.

So far, I do not reproduce the behavior using VLisp IDE in AutoCAD 2015.

Here are the steps that i am trying, please let me know if there are any other steps needed.

1. Opened the VLisp IDE in AutoCAD 2015 SP2

2. Opened a Lisp file using File > Open File

3. Selected vertical tiling using Window > Tile Vertically from the menu

3. Clicked on "Load active edit window" from the toolbar.

I see the VLisp console window tiled below, but without any change in its window size.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 10 of 31
rkmcswain

I can recreate this now. I'm not sure if this is an absolute, but it didn't start happening in this session until I opened TWO lisp files. See below.

Notice it's not only when you load the active window, it also shrinks when you restore focus to the MDI child window of the lisp file.

Using Civil 3D 2015 SP2

vlidebug.gif

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 31
martti.halminen

I can reproduce this using 64-bit AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 SP2, but only when running Windows 7 Aero themes. Under Windows Classic theme no problems with this.

--

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous

Nice GIF, RK. Just watching it reminds how irritating the bug was!

Blissfully happy in 2014. I don't even miss the text editor "enhancement".

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous

Add me to the list with this problem. I still have 2014 on my system so I've gone back to it for most of my writing. I thought it might be related to my video card driver but I tried the default Microsoft driver and an older Nvidia one and the issue still exists. This editor could be so nice, why do they refuse to update it?

Message 14 of 31
rkmcswain

8jwhite wrote:
This editor could be so nice, why do they refuse to update it?

You're not understanding the business of Autodesk. My friend @sboon summed it up nicely like this:

"The basic premise which you must keep in mind is that the interests of the shareholders supersede everything else." -sboon

IMO, fixing/updating the VLIDE isn't going to sell new seats. Fixing fatal/calculation errors, and adding new features chews up all their resources I'm afraid.

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 31
neoKahn
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Balaji,

Thank you for your response.  Here is a link to a video that shows the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEozLTe5hc

This morning I tested this on five machines and found that four machines had the problem and only one did not.  Can’t explain the one, but that is still 80% with an issue. 

System Breakdown:

My current system has Win8.1 and 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 all installed…2013 and 2014 VLIDE do not have this issue while 2015 and 2016 do.

My previous system had Win8.1 and 2015 installed and had the problem. 

Three off-site machines have Win7 and 2015 installed…two have the problem while one does not.

I have explored the idea of an errant font file as a cause, but that can’t explain it across multiple unrelated machines.  I also tried adjusting the ‘advanced system settings’ for performance to disable any of windoze display related features and that did nothing to fix the problem.  Why the one machine does not have an issue is a real puzzle.  Since I do not have direct access to this machine I can’t run any type of checks or tests.

I do believe all the systems in the group are laptops…and I think they are all Dell precisions.  I can’t say what video cards and drivers these systems have as I do not have direct access to nor do I manage them…but they are likely nvidia.

The two here that I do have direct access to both have nvidia cards and both have the most recent drivers…347.52.  One is a K5100m and the other is a 5010m.  I have also tested them with the Autodsek recommended drivers for the K5100m (since it is the only one that is recommended) Nvidia's 341.21 and Dell's 340.75 both giving me the same negative result.

Kevin

Message 16 of 31
neoKahn

Update: My gut was saying it was the windows Aero and based on couple of the other posts and what I have tested with people here it seems that is the case. I am able to get the previously offending Win7 machines to work by either disabling the windows aero theme or by turning things off in advanced system settings / performance.

But sadly turning things off in advanced system settings / performance does nothing and you can’t disable Aero in Win8…it appears you are essentially stuck with it. Anybody know a workaround for windows 8 or have any ideas where to start looking?

Message 17 of 31
Balaji_Ram

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for identifying the steps to reproduce the behavior.

With Windows Theme set to Aero, I could reproduce a similar resizing behavior.

I have logged the behavior in our internal database for our engineering team to analyze.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 18 of 31
neoKahn
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Thanks you Balaji.  I appreciate your help.  Hopefully we can get a solution at some point.  🙂

Message 19 of 31
neoKahn

This issue persists in Windows 10. I sincerely hope Autodesk hasn't been sitting on their hands hoping that Microsoft via Windows 10 fixed this for them.

This problem has been around for long enough...please get it corrected.
Message 20 of 31
Anonymous

The issue also exists in 2016 AutoCAD with or without service pack 1 running on Windows 7.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost