Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 UCS Issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Yorx57
2008 Views, 6 Replies

2015 UCS Issue

I have just installed AutoCad 2015 to test it out and have come across this problem.  I drew a simple box with a hole in it in the WCS. I rotated the UCS along the X axis by 90 degress.  Started the line command, snap to the corner of the box (3D snap vertex is running) and the "dynamic line preview" is locked to the WCS until I click an endpoint - then the line is drawing correctly in the UCS, but the "next continuing" line is still locked on the WCS until I click another endpoint.  I'm really hoping this is just a simple setting I have missed somewhere, otherwise I will have to uninstall and go back to 2014 as we do all of our drawings in 3D. I have attached a video to show what is happening.

(I had to zip the video to get it to attach)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Yorx57
in reply to: Yorx57

After Further testing, it appears that ONLY the line is affected, everything else I have tried does work correctly, ie. circle, arc, ellipse, rectangle.
Message 3 of 7
waldo21

I have the same issue and you are correct, it is only the line object.

Message 4 of 7
waldo21

Ok got it working. Check your dynmode system variable. Mine was set to -3, which is apparently not a valid option. Valid options are: 0,1,2, or 3. I suspect it may have been because I migrated my settings from a previous version? Who knows but I'm happy that it works again.

Message 5 of 7
Kevburg
in reply to: waldo21

Thank you, this truly helped.

Message 6 of 7
newunit

Whew! Paid for by the Elect Waldo for President of the Adesk Documentation Group PAC. The funny part is I'd changed the setting from the out of the box default (3?) to 2 to get rid of the distractive projection stuff while going from one line vertice to the next. It is a shame that the style of Adesk Helpspeak is if anything dryer than it ever was. The absence of detailed explanations always tempts one to "experiment" only after trying really hard to decrypt or channel the, ahem, writer's, more like, someone who is so intelligent they know precisely what they are saying and then mail it in (ESP it with each key stroke). Cuts down on the carpel tunnel, I guess. Shrug.
Message 7 of 7
jeffFZDLA

So, 2015 has an issue with drawing the active line segment (while using the LINE) command, but only under the following conditions:

1) UCS is something other than WCS, and

2) DYNMODE is set to 0 or 1.

So, you have to live with all the distracting dynamic input if you are drawing in a UCS other than WCS.  In other words, set DYNMODE to 2 or 3 to cure the problem.

Hope this helps.  I think AutoCAD may have finally figured this out by 2019 version.  It took me an hour to figure this out.  SMDH.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost