Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Status Bar issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rkmcswain
4245 Views, 8 Replies

2015 Status Bar issue

Ran across an issue in 2015 with the status bar. I suspect it won't affect the majority of users, but thought it was worth mentioning.

On the far right of the 2015 status bar is an icon that lets you pick which of the other icons are displayed.

pickme.png

I was testing on what you might call a square monitor running 1280x1024 resolution. If I turn on every single icon, then the icons start to float off the right side of the screen, including the icon you need to turn some of them off again. 

Even if you set AutoCAD to a non-maximized window. moved it off the left side of the screen and stretch out the application window so that it's wider than 1280 pixels, the right-most icons do not appear. The only was I could get it back was to zoom center to near 0,0 and set the units to zero decimal places (this minimized the space that the "coordinates area" took up).   I 

Autodesk has confimed this is an issue via a subscription support request.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
erickson123
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the tip.  Question...i just loaded an old toolbar using _-TOOLBAR Properties _Show.  after that my status bar icons reverted to the old version.  I removed the toolbar but the status bar didn't return to the new one.  do you know how to get it back?

Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: erickson123

Can you define "old version"? Screenshot maybe? Thanks.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
erickson123

big oops....model space status bar is different than paper space icons! always a learning curve on the new rel. thanks for replying anyway!

Message 5 of 9
salax6

Dear Rkmc,

Greetings, I am a new user to autocad and had a question for your first reply where you gave us a tip for bringing up the right most icons (including the customization icon) in the statusbar.

I hav a similar issue where the bottom right icons in my status bar including the customization menu (3 horizontal lines) are missing or hidden. Is there any easy way to bring it up? or can you explain your fix for this in a previous post of yours? i.e.

The only was I could get it back was to zoom center to near 0,0 and set the units to zero decimal places (this minimized the space that the "coordinates area" took up)

I really appreciate your inputs and a quick reply would be appreciated.

PS: I've attached an image of the bottom right of my autocad to show you what I meant.

Message 6 of 9
nestly2
in reply to: salax6

In the animation below, notice how the "Coordinates area" is narrower when linear precision in the UNITS is set to zero, this "may" give you access to the right most statusbar icons.

Also, it may help to switch to Paperspace in a Layout tab, as there are fewer status bar icons in Paperspace, which "might" give you access to the status bar control icon at the far right, where you can hopefully disable enough of them to make it usable.

Lastly, perhaps try right clicking on any of the model or layout tabs in the status bar and choose "Dock above Status Bar"

Coordinates Area Width.gif    2015 Statusbar icons display.jpg

Message 7 of 9
rapidcad
in reply to: nestly2

Yeah, I know this is an old post but I couldn't find anything else regarding this issue and believe it or not, it is still a problem - actually worse in AutoCAD 2016. I support about 50 users in our company and some are just now migrating from 2014 to 2016. Also, a number of them still use those early flatscreens with the older (non 1080p) aspect ratio. I just had a user show me that his AutoCAD 2016 was irritatingly jumping between one and two lines of status bar height because his coordinates would reach longer text strings when he navigated to various parts of his model. I figured out what was occurring and turned COORDS to 0 just to test. That solved the issue, but it isn't a good way for a designer to use the program. Before doing that, I used the Windows control in the upper right to "restore down" the AutoCAD window so it wasn't quite full screen and that also solved it, but who wants to work like that?

After reading this thread, I recommended turning off unneeded controls in the status bar and that solved it for now. My other recommendation for him would be to run his monitor at a higher resolution if possible, but it looked normal the way it was configured, and i figured that changing that would making working harder for him in other areas.

What strange things come from making our UI "better".

ADN CAD Developer/Operator
Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rapidcad

Hi,

>> it is still a problem - actually worse in AutoCAD 2016

Let me add one additional hint for 2016. With that release Autodesk made an option available, to push the line with modelspace and layouts one line up, that gives the coordinates a bit more place 😉

Right clck on the active layout tab and use "Dock above Status Bar"

2016-01-08 23-35-11.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 9
rapidcad
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred. Good and relevant suggestion! I haven't had to consider this too much since I develop in 2011, but use all the newer versions for testing only, so some of the details regarding the newer features slip by me. I remember testing 2015 and being frustrated with the way layout tabs get hidden, so I appreciate the option for adding the space to display them.

Kudos!

ADN CAD Developer/Operator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost