Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 - Some icons are difficult to see with the new ribbon background

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Deadguy
763 Views, 4 Replies

2015 - Some icons are difficult to see with the new ribbon background

The new ribbon background color makes the "Break" and "break at Point" icons difficult to decipher, as the center of the "box area" of the icon is still "white."  I'm new to 2015, but not AutoCAD.  Trying to find "break at Point" was weird, even knowing they existed, roughly knowing where to look for them, and knowing what they're supposed to look like.  

While I'm at it..  The Help function is available for "break" but not for "Break at Point".  If you put "Break at point tool" into the search, it only comes up with the break command which states "you can use the break at point tool" but doesn't indicate what the button looks like, or where it's located, or how to use it.

I'm fine, in terms of not needing any help, but I just wanted to offer the suggestion that the 2015 icons need to be checked against the new ribbon background color at least. Most of them were likely drawn with transparency areas to let the ribbon background show thru, which would have worked fine, but they apparently used a white color for the center of the open box in these two commands, which makes them hard to see the grey and blue parts against the high contrast white with the blackish background.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Deadguy

So I went to HELP, looked up BREAK, clicked on the FIND button and it showed me where it was. I noticed the icon right next to it looked very similar so I moved by cursor to it and low-and-behold it's the one you wanted:

ScreenShot001.png

ScreenShot002.png

There is no reason you can't go into CUI command to modify the panel and move it up or somewhere else if you use it often, if you'd prefer that. You can also use CUI's basic graphics tool to edit and change the icon appearance: it's pretty easy to customize.

FWIW: HELP never has and still does not provide information about 'extras' in the Ribbon or Toolbars: Break-At-A-Point is an 'extra'.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Dean...I can't find where to modify the gray background in the Ribbon (2015) under CUI;  I'm also having difficulty seeing some icons.  I'm familar with moving & organizing panels, etc....Would you give me instruction on how you modified your background color from dark to light?  thanks

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

OPTIONS command's DISPLAY tab, "color scheme" pulldown.

Or tap the COLORS button on the same pop-up tab and edit all you want.

That's usually enough for most folks.

But in reference to my "icon appearance" earlier: you 'recolor' each and every icon that doesn't work for you. Start CUI command, pick the command from the COMMAND LIST section who's icon you want to change, the display at the top right of the CUI pop-up changes and you can click on the EDIT button to forever mess with the icon to suit your needs.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you.....I went under Options and made the change there. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost