Did you mean: 

2015 Moving an Object to the 0,0,0 Origin ~ Not Working

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
cheddarthief
24554 Views, 11 Replies

2015 Moving an Object to the 0,0,0 Origin ~ Not Working

Okay, maybe something is not working correctly or AutoCAD changed its functionality but I cannot key in the location I want to drop an object that I'm moving.  Attached is a border template I'm working on that I want to move using the bottom left corner and using this as the insertion point, move to the 0,0,0 coordinates.  When I highlight everything to move, select the endpoint (bottom left corner) then key in 0,0,0 the object temporarily move to that location.  As soon as I strike the Enter key, the objects move right back to their original location.  I'm I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks,

cheddarthief

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jacob_Butler
in reply to: cheddarthief

Use #0,0,0 to move it. Use # To define absolute location and @ for relative. You can also change this in settings. I've attached the fixed dwg.

Press F12 (dynamic input) and try the move again (or toggle it using the icon at the bottom of the screen).

Message 4 of 12
cheddarthief
in reply to: tmccar

tmccar,

That's perfect.  I didn't see that the dynamic input was not as desired.  That was all it took.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 12
nestly2

When Dynamic Input is OFF,  AutoCAD defaults to Absolute Coordinates

When Dynmaic Input is ON,  AutoCAD defaults to Relative Coordinates

As stated above, # and @ will force the mode regardless of the "default" setting.

Message 6 of 12
tmccar

No problem

Message 7 of 12
sthompson1021
in reply to: nestly2

Don't mean to nit-pick but what you said is true if you have relative coordinates selected for pointer input in drafting settings. If you have absolute coordinates selected, it will use absolute no matter if dynamic input is on or off.

Message 8 of 12
nestly2
in reply to: sthompson1021

When I said "defaults" I meant that's the way AutoCAD is initiatially configured to work, but you are correct that the user can change the "default" Dynamic Input behavior from Relative to Absolute.  Thanks for the clarification.

Message 9 of 12
cheddarthief
in reply to: nestly2

Is there a way to set the default dynamic input behavior in the options in AutoCAD so I don't have to hit the F12 each time?

Message 10 of 12

You can go into DRAFTING SETTINGS and select the dynamic input tab. Then in settings under pointer input, you can select absolute coordinates.

Message 11 of 12
PKM09
in reply to: sthompson1021

I have an issue with the move (and copy) command that this is the closest thread that I can find. My issue is when I choose move from the ribbon or type 'm', select the object(s) and hit the right mouse button (enter) the command defaults to using displacement <0.000, 0.000, 0.000> and not letting me choose say the endpoint. If I hit the enter key on the keyboard it almost always works the way I want it to. This is however not 100% of the time so I can't replicate it everytime but it can occur as many as 5-6 times in a row. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance. Paul
Message 12 of 12
Nick_Antonov
in reply to: tmccar

Especially when using coordinates - to enter them manually ,Dynamic input is not working well , Its irritating,,that's why  I never use Dynamic input. I like the old good command line input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost