Did you mean: 

2015 - Layer Properties Manager dialog does not show layers

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
karthur1
17647 Views, 22 Replies

2015 - Layer Properties Manager dialog does not show layers

After using ACAD for a while, I will get this when I click to open the "Layers Properties Manager" panel.  Notice how the panel is hosed and does not show the layers.

2014-06-26_1613.png

I can close ACAD and it works correctly for awhile but eventually it will go back to this.

Can't figure out what triggers it or how to correct it.  I was using ACAD 2013 on this system and never saw this issue.

Any clues?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
nestly2
in reply to: karthur1

Perhaps another incompatibility between 2015's new graphics and a video card video driver?  Have you tried a different driver?  Maybe see if disabling desktop composition has any affect, as described in post #10 here

Message 3 of 23
edwin.prakoso

If CLASSICLAYER doesn't help, maybe disabling hardware acceleration will help?
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 4 of 23
nrz13

I don't have a solution for you, but I also occasionally will experience this.  It's very rare for me normally, but the other day it happened 2 times in a relatively short time period.  If I remember, the next time it happens I'll take note of what drawing I'm in to see if there's something we have in common.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: nrz13

I'm still having this problem with layers not showing on the 2015 layers property manager.  I am able to use the old layers manager dialog, but that doesn't fix the problem.  Is autocad working on this to fix it?  We just upgraded our video cards to be 1 gig and it was working fine until today.  I "repaired" autocad install, which seemed to work the last time, but not this. 

Any suggestions??

Candie

Message 6 of 23
nrz13
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are on Subscription, I suggest you file a ticket with Autodesk to see about resolving your problem.  At the very least, they'll have more data to work with to try to figure out the problem.

http://subscription.autodesk.com/

You can also submit feedback here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I have not experienced this issue since my last post, so I have nothing more to report at this time.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 7 of 23
Mike_McAvoy

I am experiencing the same problem routinely with Civil 3D 2015. Brand new install on a brand new Dell Optiplex 9020 i7-4770 with 16GB of memory and two display adapters (AMD Radeon HD8490 & Intel HD Graphics 4600).  I've tried adjusting the visual effects under the Performance Options dialog box in the Windows Control Panel by unchecking "Enable desktop composition" as suggested in another post, but with no lasting effect. 

Thing is, I experience no other problems of any kind with any other programs OR any other dialog boxes within Civil 3D. I'm assuming that if this was a graphic interface problem btwn ACAD and my video cards, the other dialog boxes that I use would show similar problems.

Screen capture below.

screencap.jpg

Michael McAvoy, PE

Message 8 of 23
nhunting

So it looks like no solution has been found for this problem?

So I will submit a ticket and just use "Classiclayer" until I hear back I guess?

Message 9 of 23
Mike_McAvoy
in reply to: nhunting

My solution ended up being rather simple.  With my new Dell, I have a new widescreen monitor connected through a DisplayPort, which is a digital connection. My second monitor was a perfectly good widescreen I'd saved from my last computer, but with a VGA connection.

Much of what I've read about this problem indicated it could be the result of an unsupported video card.  On a hunch, I replaced the older VGA monitor with a second new Dell monitor that can connect through the second DisplayPort on the back of my computer.  After that, I haven't had a single problem in the past 4 months since, with almost daily Civil 3D usage.

I'd have to assume that Civil 3D just wasn't pleased with having to utilize the legacy video card with the VGA connection. Now that both monitors are on the digital video card, things are fine.

Message 10 of 23
Daniele.V
in reply to: Mike_McAvoy

I have the same problem.

Autocad 2015 Mechanical SP2 on windows 7 64bit and nvidia Quadro 600 and also with nvidia Quadro K2000

Message 11 of 23
XSPLINE
in reply to: Mike_McAvoy

I get the same - no show on the layers in LPM - Civil3D 2015 - Have been using "CHPROP" comand as a work around - bit "round the houses" but until Autodesk issue a fix thats what I have to work with !

Message 12 of 23
amrik
in reply to: Daniele.V

Control Panal

Programs

Select Autocad 2015

Right click

Choose Change

Select Repair or reinstall

Choose Repair.

Finish

Above solved the problem on my machine.

Thanks

mmatharu
Message 13 of 23
olgal

Hi, i succeeded to get rid of this effect when opened the file in Civil3D (occasionally, we have one) and then reopened it in Autocad. Strange, unbelievable but works every time

Message 14 of 23
Daniele.V
in reply to: olgal

Hi,

After many trial I think that this problem is related to Nvidia Quadro 600 and 2200.

with nvidia K4200 I have not had the problem.

Always used certified drivers.

Message 15 of 23
XSPLINE

Nice one. thanks for reply. I need to put it back in pgp file now. being a key stroke bod . Ribbons come and go.
Message 16 of 23
lpradobr
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

Edwin

There's nothing as talking to the right guy.

Thanks

Message 17 of 23

Hi all, 

just to draw a conclusion here: 

There is an AKN article on this issue.

Best regards

-----------------------------
Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Message 18 of 23

Dear Sofia

"classiclayer" command line (by Edwin.prakoso) was the big deal.

Message 19 of 23
bkspring

The solution for my problem was very simple.  The drop-down Layer Control showed only one layer, instead of all the layers.   I found that all the layers were shown after I opened Layer Manager, and picked the button on the bottom left, and chose "All layers".    I have no idea why it was not set to that.

Message 20 of 23
rkmcswain
in reply to: bkspring

bkspring wrote:

The solution for my problem was very simple.  The drop-down Layer Control showed only one layer, instead of all the layers.   I found that all the layers were shown after I opened Layer Manager, and picked the button on the bottom left, and chose "All layers"

Although related by the subject of this thread, the issue you describe is not what this thread is about. Your issue was simply a user setting not set to your liking.

Whereas the main topic of this thread is referring to a bug that causes the layer palette to be blank for no reason at all.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost