2015 features

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
emj
Observer
5498 Views, 28 Replies

2015 features

since there isn't a 2015 message board yet, i will aks here.

Couple of new feature questions. mainly wanting to know how to turn them off i want to:

1. A new feature in 2015 is the blue highlight when selecting objects to.  Is there a way to turn this off without having to set HIGHLIGHT to 0.  I want HIGHLIGHT on so i can see what i am selecting, but i may or may not want the blue highlight, the old dashed feature worked just fine.  I know i can turn off Hardware acceleration and this will get rid of the blue highlight, but i dont want to do that.  Is there a system variable that can turn the blue off while hardware acceleration is still on?

2. Is there a way to turn off the new feature that shows a symbol of what command is active, for instance, the copy symbol when im copying or the move, stretch, trim symbols, etc...

3. i can get used to the dashed line that shows point of reference when copying or moving, etc, but is there a way to turn it off?

4. when selecting objects, either by a crossing or regular window, is there a way to turn off the symbol that indicates which selection type you are using?  (dashed white box with green dot for crossing, solid white box with blue dot inside for regular).. 

Most of these new features are cool and all, but sometimes simplicity and cleanliness at the crosshairs is a good thing too.

thanks.

EMJ

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
apjones
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

As with anything else, there is always more that one way to skin a cat! (Please note: not actual cats were harmed in the creation of this email reply, although several thousand electrons were disturbed...)
Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 22 of 29
_gile
in reply to: apjones

Or, using logical XOR:

(setvar 'selectioneffect (boole 6 1 (getvar 'selectioneffect)))

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 23 of 29
AllenJessup
in reply to: emj

Options > Selection Tab > Visual Effects Settings might help you sort through things.

sp.PNG

BTW This is a screen shot from 2014. I don't have 2015 on this computer yet.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 29
russell.bell
in reply to: acadhelp1

@acadhelp1 wrote:

From the original post, these are not answered.

2. Is there a way to turn off the new feature that shows a symbol of what command is active, for instance, the copy symbol when im copying or the move, stretch, trim symbols, etc...

Jon>> There is no off switch or sysvar.  It is related to question #4.

3. i can get used to the dashed line that shows point of reference when copying or moving, etc, but is there a way to turn it off?

Jon>> No way to change this.

4. when selecting objects, either by a crossing or regular window, is there a way to turn off the symbol that indicates which selection type you are using?  (dashed white box with green dot for crossing, solid white box with blue dot inside for regular).. 

Jon>> Like #2, this can't be turned off.

As I have seen on other posts, you should send constructive feedback to the team. We read them. I read them. They do weigh in our decision process for determining the release. I run a team that draws it’s feature enhancement plans almost exclusively from the variety of user feedback we recieve. This is one of those inputs, along with AUGI wish list, beta requests, product support and forums.
You can access “Send Feedback” from the Help menu (question mark in upper right area).

Jon Page

Autodesk, Inc.

Are there any plans to add the ability to fix the issue in point 3?

Message 25 of 29
jneal
in reply to: russell.bell

Yes there is.   CURSORBADGE set to 1 if you have installed SP1. 

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 26 of 29
rbricher
in reply to: jneal

For #3 as listed above....

Please let us turn off or change the color of the Yellow dashed line while performing a Move, Copy, Dimension, etc... commands.

Message 27 of 29
tcornelius
in reply to: rbricher

I second that...why did this even get changed? I keep thinking I am drawing a hidden line.
Message 28 of 29

Question 3 - Is there a way to get rid of the dashed line in Autocad 2016?

Message 29 of 29

No

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost