Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Cursor Lag

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
TC-ESHse
527 Views, 12 Replies

2015 Cursor Lag

OK - thought I'd share my experience since upgrading to 2015 on my Win7 64 bit machine.

2014 worked great... no problems at all but we decided to install the 2015 upgrade.  Everything worked fine for a few weeks and even after Service Pack 1.  This week, I have a lag problem with my cursor.  Seems to be jumpy and Autocad in general is just slower.  I haven't installed anything new nor changed any settings in my setup.

Autocad 2014 still works great - no lag problem at all.

Online research showed that maybe the Aero Windows Theme could be a problem.  So I went to the Basic 7 theme and my 2015 cursor is working fine again - no lag problem.

Seriously?  I get an upgrade to the "better" version of Autocad and lag problems.

Thinking I may just shelve 2015 and go back to using 2014. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: TC-ESHse

Friend, Aero theme was so terrible even Microsoft abandoned it in Win8/8.1: it was also the primary reason Windows Vista was so lousy.

Amazingly many other users had to do it for R2014, R2013, R2012 and even R2011: since 2015 has an all new display engine it's probably beating up on your video card a lot more than R2014 ever did.
2015 is new in more ways that you realize. Look around.

Go back to R2014 if you must keep Aero Theme: just realize it's a dead 'theme' at Microsoft.
Message 3 of 13
justshutup

@TC-ESHse wrote:

OK - thought I'd share my experience since upgrading to 2015 on my Win7 64 bit machine.

2014 worked great... no problems at all but we decided to install the 2015 upgrade.  Everything worked fine for a few weeks and even after Service Pack 1.  This week, I have a lag problem with my cursor.  Seems to be jumpy and Autocad in general is just slower.  I haven't installed anything new nor changed any settings in my setup.

Autocad 2014 still works great - no lag problem at all.

Online research showed that maybe the Aero Windows Theme could be a problem.  So I went to the Basic 7 theme and my 2015 cursor is working fine again - no lag problem.

Seriously?  I get an upgrade to the "better" version of Autocad and lag problems.

Thinking I may just shelve 2015 and go back to using 2014. 

Did you have a question, or did you just want to complain?  The Aero theme issue has been an issue pretty much since it existed; nothing new.

Message 4 of 13
TC-ESHse
in reply to: justshutup

Yah.... a little bit of complaining here as well as wondering why a new version of Autocad would make a computer run worse. If the Aero theme is a problem why wouldn't Autodesk find a solution for it?
Message 5 of 13
TC-ESHse
in reply to: pendean

Thanks pendean - I didn't realize that there was that big of a change in the program. Is any downloaded theme considered an "Aero" theme?
Message 6 of 13
pendean

Aero refers to the see-through effects you see on program boundaries and top bars (and where there is like a 'cloud' effect around titles in those program bars).

In Win7, any theme in Control Panel 'personalization area that has a glass rectanble over the theme design that lets you see the design through it is the problem. Start with one of the basic or classic and add your 'things' to it after that.
Message 7 of 13
dgorsman

A) Take a 5-year old computer, run AutoCAD 2000i on it.  Run AutoCAD 2008 on the same computer.  Newer version will not perform as well.

B) Not all problems have solutions.  While most of us are used to the old "... just make it look right..." procedure when doing drawings in AutoCAD, that doesn't work everywhere.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 13
braudpat

Hello

I am 57 years old (too much old maybe !?) and I am running ALL my Win Seven PCs (32 and 64 bits) with a Win 2000 / Win XP Pro "Look/Desk" !

NO problem at all and all my ACAD/MAP/LT/AA/MEP/CIVIL 201X versions are running fast ... and many other programs TOO ...

Is Aero necessary to your day to day work with ACAD ??

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
pendean
in reply to: braudpat

>>>...Is Aero necessary to your day to day work with ACAD ??...<<<
Is it necessary to drive a red car?
To paint your house a color other than white?
To wear a blue shirt?
To have pink hair?

The OP probably just prefers to stare at a pleasant interface all day long: lifestyle choices are hard to technically justify although they should not dictate more practical choices I agree. To each his own I say 🙂
Message 10 of 13
braudpat

Hello

YES Mr Pendean !

But for somebody where day to day use of ACAD (or any other Software) is important ... Is Aero more important, if Aero (Even Sometimes) is THE problem !

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
pendean
in reply to: braudpat

mental health/reduction of stress is important: if a pretty display gets the user to relax and enjoy working then it is probably very important to that user 🙂
Message 12 of 13
TC-ESHse

you guys are cracking me up....  thanks for the laugh.

No, the Aero theme isn't that important to me and I've gone back to Windows Basic Theme . . . so, life is great now.

Thanks for looking out for me guys - I really appreciate it.  ha~ha!

Message 13 of 13
braudpat

Hello

I like very much ... mental health/reduction of stress is important ...

So Kudos for you !

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost