Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 - 1 Update Notification but all updates are installed

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
swatfor_PDCOG
1021 Views, 13 Replies

2015 - 1 Update Notification but all updates are installed

After installing all the updates for Civil 3D 2015, I'm still getting a "You have 1 product update" notification.  Once I click on the "Update..." button, all the updates have a status of installed.  What am I missing?

Sandy W.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
nestly2
in reply to: swatfor_PDCOG

I would guess that the Application Manager components are not syncing properly.  Does the discrepancy persist after restarting AutoCAD and/or the computer?

Message 3 of 14
swatfor_PDCOG
in reply to: nestly2

yes ... the notification persists after restarting ACAD and after rebooting computer.

Sandy W.
Message 4 of 14
david.lau

Can you try logging out of the account from within AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015?  Also, try rebooting your computer.  I just talked to a Civil Guru with it installed and he doesn't  get the in product notification.

David Lau
Message 5 of 14
swatfor_PDCOG
in reply to: david.lau

I have done both of those things on several occacions with no change to the notification.

Sandy W.
Message 6 of 14
kboldt

I am having the exact same issue.  I have attempted logging out and in, restarting AutoCAD, rebooting the computer, and in all sorts of various combinations and permutations.  I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Autodesk Application Manager with no success.

Message 7 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: kboldt

since this has been posted Service Pack 2 for civil 3d 2015 has been released

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
kboldt
in reply to: DarrenP

According to the About dialog in Civil 3D, I have SP2 installed.

Message 9 of 14
pendean
in reply to: kboldt

Ignore it: there is no fix.
Message 10 of 14
david.lau
in reply to: pendean

1.  Setup a restore point.

2. Uninstall the Update from the Control Panel via Program and Features > View Installed Updates.  It will look similar to below:

http://upandready.typepad.com/.a/6a0147e3c68bef970b017d3c7c2a20970c-pi

3. Click update from the UI (Yellow Notication) and update it.

4. Confirm that Application Manager states that all is good.  You can view the updates that have been already downloaded from here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/When-the-Application-Mana...

David Lau
Message 11 of 14
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

Ha... a logical answer.

We have "application manager" disabled so users are not wasting time on stuff like this.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 14
jggerth1
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
@pendean wrote:

Ha... a logical answer.

We have "application manager" disabled so users are not wasting time on stuff like this.

Amen!  The ONLY things I'm willing to have on any kind of automatic or semiautomatic installation are antivirus and SM security updates.  Applications are _never_ allowed to update themselves, -- while the vendor may (or may not) have tested them, they most certainly did NOT test them in my environment.

Message 13 of 14
pendean
in reply to: jggerth1

A statement we all need to follow, I would add Windows OS update to the list:
"Applications are _never_ allowed to update themselves"

AutoCAD's useless POS in-app update notification has been broken for a long time now.
Message 14 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: david.lau

Hi,

I have the same situation, and how did I get that ...?

For me it has something to do with Civil 3D 2015 Productivity Pack 1, it was first shown as available update, when I started it from the application manager I got an error (don't know it exactly, I think it was 1609). So I downloaded the package from www and installed it manually (starting the setup with right-click and "start as adminstrator") ... run fine, finished well, all within Civil 3D is working.

Not so the application manager, that tool doesn't recognize my manual installation, it shows the same module again and again as "new update available", and even my setting to "ignored" didn't help, the status bar icon always says, there is an update available, in my app-manager list there is nothing to install. (screenshot attached)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost