Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Multiple dwg open in single instance of AutoCAD Running Slow

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RFreund
662 Views, 7 Replies

2014 Multiple dwg open in single instance of AutoCAD Running Slow

If I open the two attached files at the same time the program runs very slow. Can anyone tell my why?

Side note - odd that you can't upload .dwt files. 

www.HowToEngineer.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: RFreund

Hi,

>> the two attached files

There is only one drawing attached.

When I now open the DRAWING3.DWG then I see that there are procy objects from Civil 3D embedded ... are you working with Civil 3D or with plain AutoCAD, is Civil 3D slow or is it AutoCAD?

When I run command _AUDIT, there are 4 defect obejcts found.

What happens, when you open each of that 2 drawings, run command _WBLOCK with option "entire drawing" and create new DWG's from them ... and then you open that 2 new drawings, is your app also slow now?

BTW: what means "program runs very slow" ... what exactly is slow, your cursor, some commands, PAN, ZOOM, drawing a line, changing between layouts, ...?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
pendean

only one file is attached.
Message 4 of 8
RFreund
in reply to: pendean

sorry, I meant to open the (1) attached file, twice. 

"When I now open the DRAWING3.DWG then I see that there are procy objects from Civil 3D embedded ... are you working with Civil 3D or with plain AutoCAD, is Civil 3D slow or is it AutoCAD?"

I am using AutoCAD 2014LT, how should I remove the procy objects?

"When I run command _AUDIT, there are 4 defect obejcts found."

How should I fix this?

"What happens, when you open each of that 2 drawings, run command _WBLOCK with option "entire drawing" and create new DWG's from them ... and then you open that 2 new drawings, is your app also slow now?"

Yes it does. I also Tried using _audit -> fix=yes, however this does not solve the issue. 

"BTW: what means "program runs very slow" ... what exactly is slow, your cursor, some commands, PAN, ZOOM, drawing a line, changing between layouts, ...?"

"Runs slow" = Zoom is noticed most, expecially with the scroll wheel, also changing model to paper space (the lightbulb in hte right hand corner will flash as it tries to zoom). Commands don't seem that slow. The cursor moves fine and I can draw lines just fine. Also it doesn't affect other programs. 

Do you see problems with zoom?

Attached are the wblock files and the audit files

www.HowToEngineer.com
Message 5 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Do you see problems with zoom?

>> Attached are the wblock files and the audit files

I have both files opened with AutoCAD 2015 and do not have any problems with zooming.

I have no LT and so I'm not sure it that is possible: if you start command _GRAPHICSCONFIG ==> turn off the hardware acceleration and see if that is better now (the zoom performance),

>> I am using AutoCAD 2014LT, how should I remove the procy objects?

You already did it, your WBLOCKed files do not include proxies any more 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 8
pendean

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name) is the best tool to use to ensure proxy objects are exploded and not lost.
Message 7 of 8
RFreund
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hardware excelerator does not seem to make a difference. I am guessing it is something releated to graphics as it really only seems to effect zoom. The command speed is normal (previously I though it to be slow, but it is not). I'm just not sure what is causing the issue. I open up different files and I have no problems however something inside those files is causing this issue. Maybe annotative objects? Some sort of hatch?

Thanks again!

www.HowToEngineer.com
Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

If it's only happening with that file then you might now try to run WBLOCK layer by layer and see which drawing is then the one having that issues.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost