Did you mean: 

2014 Adjusting Aperture Size

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mrdrafty
16223 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Adjusting Aperture Size

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this bug or if it is in fact a bug?

The aperture size cannot be modified using the sider under options. Workaround seems to be to use the system variable “pickbox”. Occasionally it seems to also display as a rectangle instead of a square, obvious when variable is set below 10 (however, this seems to be one of those intermittent problems / might be a stand-alone graphics problem).

I've got SP1 installed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: mrdrafty

Aperture and pickbox are often confused.  The Aperture is only active when AutoCAD is expecting the user to pick a point, and only when OSNAP is enabled.  By default, the Aperture is not displayed, therefore moving the slider would have no visual affect.

The Aperture slider is on the Options > Drafting tab, whereas Pickbox slider is on the Options > Selection tab.

To test, turn the Aperture display on (APBOX = 1) then with OSMODE something other than 0 enter a command that expects the user to specify a point, ie LINE command.

As for the Square vs Rectangular Aperture/Pickbox, I beleive you are correct that it's related to the graphics configuration.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

If you are running your monitor at it's designed optimum display, not something else through Windows Display settings, the 'rectangle' will become a 'square' again. This is a user-created issue.
Message 4 of 5
stevev0983

Try changing the number of lines on your command line. If you have 2, change it to 3, etc.. This is a very annoying problem that has been around for years and this is the only thing I found that actually fixed it.

Message 5 of 5
mrdrafty

@pendean wrote:
If you are running your monitor at it's designed optimum display, not something else through Windows Display settings, the 'rectangle' will become a 'square' again. This is a user-created issue.
Mine already is and doesn't seem to explain the intermittent nature of the problem.

@stevev0983 wrote:

Try changing the number of lines on your command line. If you have 2, change it to 3, etc.. This is a very annoying problem that has been around for years and this is the only thing I found that actually fixed it.

Thanks. Strange workaround but it did work for me!

@nestly wrote:

Aperture and pickbox are often confused.  The Aperture is only active when AutoCAD is expecting the user to pick a point, and only when OSNAP is enabled.  By default, the Aperture is not displayed, therefore moving the slider would have no visual affect.

The Aperture slider is on the Options > Drafting tab, whereas Pickbox slider is on the Options > Selection tab.

To test, turn the Aperture display on (APBOX = 1) then with OSMODE something other than 0 enter a command that expects the user to specify a point, ie LINE command.

Perfect! Can't believe I mixed that up. I only make these changes once per upgrade so I've totally confused myself. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost