Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 to 2014 Hatch Pattern File Migration

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mewarchitect
8780 Views, 5 Replies

2013 to 2014 Hatch Pattern File Migration

I have been migrating dozens and dozens of .pat files from one version of AutoCAD to the next for many, many versions.  Most recently in AutoCAD 2013 the .pat files were stored in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\Support\Patterns - worked fine.  During the migration to 2014 I received an install error report stating that this subdirectory did not exist and could not be created.  Alternately it stated that the new default path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roamiong\Autodesk|AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\Support will be used instead.

At first I created the Patterns subdirectory where it could not be done automatically.  No luck.  Then I placed the Patterns subdirectory in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roamiong\Autodesk|AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\Patterns and no luck.

Any suggestions to get my typical patterns back into play would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Maurice

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: mewarchitect

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Have you tried to add "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roamiong\Autodesk|AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\Patterns" to AutoCAD Support File Search Path in AutoCAD Options dialog?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
pendean

If I may... why don't you take full control of your customizations by placing them in neutral folders you control, then simply add them to the AutoCAD paths as you upgrade?

C:\MyStuff\MyPatterns
C:\MyStuff\MyLisps
C:\MyStuff\MyLinetypes
C:\MyStudff\MyBlocks
C:\Mystuff\MyHatches
C:\MyStuff\MyPalettes
C:\MyStuff\MyWhatevers
and so on.

And in every AutoCAD version so far, you start OPTIONS command, click on the FILES tab and add these personal folders to the search paths relevant sections.

Way better system than what you have been nursing/managing so far. Try it. Own it. use it.
Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Actually I personally use the same scheme as Dean suggested. And I can confirm - it is the best way not to lose customization files while migrating to new release or to new computer.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

Double kudos for Dean and Maxim.  Smiley Wink

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
mewarchitect
in reply to: rkmcswain

THANKS Maxim & Dean! Back in action!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost