AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
rutar
Message 1 of 24 (11,923 Views)

2013 Copy/Paste problem.

11923 Views, 23 Replies
10-19-2012 07:51 AM

Hello!

Please help.  We installed 2013 version of Autodesk Civil3D, and strange things with 

Copy/Paste from one drawing to another happend!

If I try to copy some autocad objects like solid HATCH for ex,. from one file to another - I select drawing copy from, select Hatch, press Ctrl+C or rightclick > Clipboard > Copy, then select destination drawing, press Ctrl+V or rightclick > Clipboard > Paste

and I see in command window: 

" _pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _Closed ignored.
Duplicate definition of block _DotBlank ignored."

The time interval is very long for single hatch copying.

I tryed audit/purge, and copying the HATCH again,  - and now I see in destination drawing some strange

array of LINE obects, it is not my HATCH!  AutoCAD always starts do temporary save while doing this copy.

Else, if I open new two pure drawings, and start copy any types of acad objects between each other, so all works fine and quickly, no temporary saves,

, only remarkable pause starts  above  20000 object copying, its quite acceptable for me, and still shorter time, than

copy a single HATCH.  

I suppose the problem is in drawing file, because if we make purge/audit than save and reopen drawing - sometines 

is it possible to copy, but after all we need to do this each time we want to copy acad objects to another file. This annoying issue have our another team members too, it prevents to do our job. 

I found, that with HATCH object some blocks is ALWAYS copying  from one file to another.  Why? 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 24 (11,912 Views)

Re: 2013 Copy/Paste problem.

10-19-2012 08:27 AM in reply to: rutar

Are you by chance working with different format files? 2013 in one, lower format in another? This would not be present in the "new files" test you note.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
rutar
Message 3 of 24 (11,889 Views)

10-19-2012 10:15 PM in reply to: pendean

Thank you for reply,

both files have first bytes AC1027.

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 4 of 24 (11,878 Views)

10-20-2012 06:26 AM in reply to: rutar

The messages themselves are just informative and won't interfere with anything you are doing.  They indicate that you are selecting more than just a hatch with copyclip.

How are you selecting the hatch?  With a single pick?  If some other technique, then it could be grabbing a block associated with the hatch?

Was the hatch associative?  If so, it might be possible that the association is picking up the block with the hatch.

Was the hatch part of a group? If so, and if pickstyle is set to 1, then all parts of the group will be selected including the problem block.

Is the hatch nested into a block?  If so,all the block and all other nested named objects come with the block.

Hatches themselves are not stored as blocks and so would never trigger the issue.

If you just want to use the same hatch pattern in multiple drawings, consider using palettes.

Active Contributor
rutar
Message 5 of 24 (11,866 Views)

10-21-2012 12:31 AM in reply to: dbroad

Thank you

for your variants!

I select Hatch just by picking, no more groups/block/objects attached.

The interesting thing - if I try to copy to new empty drawing - it's OK - the single hatch is copied, no "duplicate block"

messages. 

I mean, that problem probably  is in target drawing or in both drawings.  

But those strange messages  " _pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _Closed ignored.
Duplicate definition of block _DotBlank ignored."

- disapointed me,

and even after I purged/renamed those blocks in target drawing,  

some crap lines after new paste, not desired Hatch.

One more thing that I marked after opening those drawings first - "too much scales" warning, 

which elminated by -scalelistedit -r -y command.

Also audited/purged.

Solution still isn't found. :smileyfrustrated:

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 6 of 24 (11,856 Views)

10-21-2012 12:51 PM in reply to: rutar

Attach a drawing snippet that exhibits the problem and note in the drawing which objects are being copied.

Active Contributor
rutar
Message 7 of 24 (11,823 Views)

10-22-2012 04:26 AM in reply to: dbroad

Hello!  Today those things become even  more strange.  

I tryed record video with copy/paste problem, and attach two files to this post,

but today I have no problems with copy/paste at all. Those "duplicate block" messages

are still thrown, but they does not affect on copy/paste process. 

Other our team members  NOT found today any copy/paste problems  with those files too,

but on friday problem was!  I didn't affect those files, nobody have changed them. (I tryed 

investigate problem on copyes of them).

So I tryed to copy /paste some more times - after 6 or 8 tryings the problem took place again.

When I can definetely find and repeat this issue on another team members computers, I send 

those files and desktop video here.

Active Contributor
rutar
Message 8 of 24 (11,773 Views)

10-23-2012 11:23 PM in reply to: rutar

Hello! 

Yesterday we with our department members tried to repeat this copy/paste issue with no success.

Till now I still can't  reproduce the problem, but today it suddenly happend again.  If I restart AutoCAD, Windows cold 

restart - it works again.

One more thing - if I try copy into my work drawing - no success, but if I create new drawing, and to PASTE to here - it works!

One possible way for  to bypass this issue  - its pasting to orig. those copied objects in new drawing, and attaching this drawing as xref to target drawing, binding/exploding after all. It's works, but very uncomfortafle.

I finish now posting here, till found a way to repeat this issue.

Active Contributor
rutar
Message 9 of 24 (11,652 Views)

desktop video & attached

11-01-2012 04:24 AM in reply to: rutar

Hello!

In this video is shown what "strange" objects appear after copy/paste via clipboard.

1. Opened "talv.dwg",  INSERT block "rihtimine 3tee" with "explode" option enabled.

2. Trying to copy some objects via clipboard into the same file.

- first try - no sucsess;

- second try -   some set of lines appeared, like "grass' hatch.

- third try - another unwanted shape - set of lines like two rectangles one above another.

Only these two unwanted shapes appear with this copy/paste via clipboard issue.

Somtimes no problem (like in video - opened new file, and pasting hehe - was sucsess), sometimes nothing,

sometimes those strange shapes.  

Also we have a problems with inserting of BLOCKS with this issue.

talv.dwg link:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D99EA11F0AA70C9A!9151&authkey=!AOFR-289ashaCDM

PS. This first videofile a littile bit large - about 1.8Mb, so I uploaded to youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPGO4c9b_fo&feature=youtu.be

Second similar attempt is attached to this post.

Can anybody help us?

Active Contributor
rutar
Message 10 of 24 (11,525 Views)

CTRL+C time

11-23-2012 03:55 AM in reply to: rutar

Is it normal, when after selecting any object and pressing Ctrl+C in C3D 2013 I'm waiting about 30sec till  program is ready to work?  The same thing with Ctrl+V.

When is the bug. 2010-2012 versions no such issue. Repaired/Reinstalled - no sucsess :smileysad:

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.