Did you mean: 

Value of attribute doesn't show up when used within formula field

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tchwiesz
471 Views, 1 Reply

Value of attribute doesn't show up when used within formula field

Hello,

I'm trying to make a dynamic block that calculates a slope between two points - The way it is supposed to work is:

1. User inserts block
2. Block prompts asking the elevations of two points (i.e. 123.23 and 123.34)

3. User drags arrow points as required to cover the desired distance on their plans
4. The block then automatically calculates the elevation divided by distance (lets say 5000mm) to get the slope percentage:

Example formula: (((abs(123.23 - 123.34) / (5000 / 1000)) * 1000)

and displays the result in an M-TEXT over the arrow (2.2%, in this case)

The issue I'm having is that when I try to place either of the elevation attributes as fields in the formula field of my M-TEXT, it only uses their default values and refuses to update when new values are inserted. All I can get them to display is #### and when I go back into the formula field it's empty and I need to redo my actions.

A few notes:

I'm using an aligned dimension to calculate the distance (this will be on a hidden layer)

I've attached the file I'm working with.

Thanks a lot!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tchwiesz
in reply to: tchwiesz

Perhaps this may be a simpler explanation of my problem:

I have a block and within it an attribute. I then have an M-TEXT with a field that references the value of the attribute. When I change the value of attribute (by double clicking or creating a new instance of the block), it refuses to display the new value and instead continues to display the default. I've tried regening the drawing, attsync and updatefield and nothing seems to change.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost