Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade fom 13 to sixteen

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
166 Views, 1 Reply

upgrade fom 13 to sixteen

Will my settings change when I up grade from 13 to 16?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> Will my settings change when I up grade from 13 to 16?

Depends on which settings you speak about.

First at all, if you don't want any changes, why then installing a new release? 😉

Some options that might change:

• Menues: If you want to have the old menu you will not see any of the new functions available through the menu and the context areas. If you have modified the original ACAD.CUIX (which I would see as "not well done") in 2013 then you should learn how to work with partial menus to get your customized menu content working easily in any AutoCAD release.
  • Partial menus: if you have your own partial menus with own customizations, just load them
  • Shortcuts: open both files and copy the shortcuts from the old ACAD.pgp to the new one.
  • Plotter settings: you can copy your PC3 and PMP files to the new folder, so your printer settings will stay well (in 99%, sometimes it's necessary to recreate a PC3)
  • CTB/STB files: copy your customized ones to the folder of CTB/STB into the corresponding 2016 folder
  • Hatch patterns/linetypes: if you have created your seperate PAT and LIN files, add the path of their location to the AutoCAD 2016 support paths and they can be used with 2016 too
  • Tools loaded into AutoCAD: this depends on the API, if they can be used or have to be rewritten or recompiled (most LSP work well, most VBA work well as long as you don't change from 32bit to 64bit)
  • ACAD.LSP, ACADDOC.LSP: if you modified one of that files make the same modifications in the 2016 corresponding files.
  • Template drawings: for plain AutoCAD you can use your template files in the same way you used them in 2013 (this is only valid for plain AutoCAD, not for verticals like ACA, Civil 3D, ...)
  • Profiles: if you are running with multiple AutoCAD profiles I would recommand to recreate them from scratch with similar settings. Even as the option "migrate settings" exists, there are too many posts here showing troubles after migration.

This list might not be complete as there are too many options to customize AutoCAD.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost