Did you mean: 

object snap trouble on the line that is created by offset command

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1351 Views, 4 Replies

object snap trouble on the line that is created by offset command

It has been a while that I don't use autocad. I was using 2007 version in 2009. I just got 2016 version and trying to adjust the new version. I have problem with one of the easiest comand 'Offset'. When I apply offset to a line,pline or an object, I can't use object snap with the new line,pline even though object snap is ON. What am I doing wrong?I am trying to figure out and getting crazy about it.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums!

Command: OSNAP > Object Snap tab > Are any "object snap modes" checked?

Also verify "Object snap on" & "Object snap tracking" are checked.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you ! It doesn't matter if they all checked or some of them checked. I tried "object snap on" & "object snap tracking" are checked also. Funny thing is I can use object snap for the main line but not for the copied with the offset command. A few minutes ago I realized that I can use object snap for the copied one when I zoom out. But when I zoom out it is hard to see which point I am picking.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

Sorry that I can't follow the description, can you describe it step by step, what to do.

What I tried now, as you wrote you can't use object snap on an entity which was created by offset:

• create a polyline (to have an object for offset command)
  • make sure object snap is on and set to endpoint (only)
  • start command _OFFSET, entered the distance, selected the previous polyline and pointed to one side
  • <ENTER> for exit the _OFFSET command
  • start command _LINE, move my cursor close to a vertex of the object created by offset ==> and my AutoCAD 2016 SP1 shows me symbol for endpoint-snap.

Can you reproduce my steps and you don't get the endpoint-snap.

And btw. you have already installed SP1 for AutoCAD?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you so much Alfred! SP1 helped:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost