Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR unhandled access violation reading

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
clyklyk1990
3624 Views, 11 Replies

FATAL ERROR unhandled access violation reading

hey,

so i've been getting this pop up window everytime i try to open autocad today. yesterday night i was using it fine.

now whenever i try to open the program, it says "fatal error unhandled access violation reading b14c4b12h"

i sent an error report to autodesk and they suggested a patch. and after restarting my pc its still not working.

i have win8.1 with autocad2014.

it pisses me off koz i have school assignments to do and it's not working 😞

Thanks for your help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

>> it pisses me off koz i have school assignments to do and it's not working

SCNR: but you had time to install Win 8.1, an OS that is not supported with AutoCAD 2014 (yet).

If AutoCAD was running ever with 8.1 then look what updates Windows has installed from yesterday to today and uninstall them.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12

i didnt know it was not compatible. so up till now there is no solution to that problem?

Message 4 of 12

Hi,

>> i didnt know it was not compatible. so up till now there is no solution to that problem?

I don't know anyone running AutoCAD 2014 on Win8,1 ... but I read some info's about troubles with Win 8.1

So the question again is, what changed from yesterday to today on your system?

Was it the update from Win8 to 8.1 (or was the update to 8.1 earlier and AutoCAD did run with that)?

...or any other (Windows internal) updates?

...or any software installed?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 12

i did restart my pc this morning and it did automatic updates

im attaching a picture of the recent updates. it has to be the ones from today because it was working perfectly fine yesterday or the days before.

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

as the display driver was updated you might try to start AutoCAD without hardware acceleration, see the startup parameters therefor >>>click<<<, use the /nohardware parameter and try to start AutoCAD with that.

If that does not help uninstall the last two updates (or the last three ones), disable automatic updates, restart Windows and try then AutoCAD.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 12
clyklyk1990
in reply to: clyklyk1990

i tried to unistall the updates but its still not working... and i also tried with nohardware, but it's still not working?? is there any version of autocad that will work??

Message 8 of 12

i already tried with my previous versions of 2011 and 2010 but it doesnt work

Message 9 of 12

Hi,

>> its still not working

Again the question: you had AutoCAD running free of errors on Win8.1?

>> is there any version of autocad that will work??

For now I don't know any offical statement from Autodesk about what applications are supported for Win 8.1 and which are not. For AutoCAD only release 2014 (and 2013 with service pack 2) are tested with Windows 8 (not 8.1).

So the only real chance I see is to wait for servicepacks or reinstall Windows 8 without the update to 8.1

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 12

Hi,

one additional idea: create a new user for your Windows (with admin permissions), login with that new account and try AutoCAD to start.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 12

tried. still not working. 😞  i'll wait for a patch from autodesk i guess. i hope it get solved quickly.

thanks for your help 🙂

Message 12 of 12
drprintergt
in reply to: clyklyk1990

In case you have not resolved this issue yet....

Update the video card driver from the manufactures support website, I just did it and after that, Autocad 2014 worked fine under windows 8.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost