Did you mean: 

Copy and past

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ninareeves
272 Views, 9 Replies

Copy and past

Example of my problem I am working in AutoCAD 2013. I have 6 paper space tabs set up as 6 sheets for construction drawing set. I have a title block inserted on sheet 1, I input all the project data, the I copy clip the block to the following sheets so that i do not have to type the base info multiple time just update the sheet info. The copy function looks like it works but when I go to the next sheet and past there is nothing. I have tried this with right clicking to past, cntl v, insert tab insert. all ways nothing pastes. From other posts I did verify that the temp file in %temp% is being created, but if I open that drawing it is empty. I can not figure out where the data is going. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
leothebuilder
in reply to: ninareeves

Welcome to this forum.

Are you pasting onto a layer that is OFF or FROZEN ?

Message 3 of 10
ninareeves
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thank you for the welcome,

No the layer is not off or frozen, I also tried to just past on layer 0 and a different layer than the copied one and the copied one. This has always worked in the past I have been doing the same thing for years in my workflow, I am baffled.

Message 4 of 10
leothebuilder

Try another application like Word and see if copy and paste works...........

Maybe restart autocad, reboot the pooter.....

Message 5 of 10
ninareeves

I have rebooted the computer and re-started AutoCAD,

It is interesting copy and past works in word and excel, the interesting part is that when i do a clip the clipboard in an office program the clipboard shows 24 items plus the 1 i just clipped I select clear all and clipboard looks empty. I try to clip something from the the same doc again the same thing happen, there seems to be 24 items on my clipboard that I can not get rid of. Not sure if this makes a difference to AutoCAD or not. I have also been searching google for a solution to the clip board issue as windows 7 professional does not have a clipboard manager.

I also was experimenting with linking excel sheets with AutoCAD and thing that is where the 24 items may have come from?

Message 6 of 10
leothebuilder

That is strange.....

Have you tried to copy and paste something simple like a line object from one sheet to another sheet?

Have you tried another cad file to see if the same problem occurs?

I'm running out of suggestions.

Message 7 of 10
ninareeves

I was just able to copy a simple line and paste into a new drawing but not the current drawing????

Also It has been happening about a week now so it does happen in many different drawings...

Thank you for your input and help

Message 8 of 10
leothebuilder

Ok....if copy and paste works in another cad file the problem is in that file.

I would try an audit and purge 

Message 9 of 10
ninareeves

Did both just now, nothing I am trying a recovery now.

Thank you again I appreciate the help...

Message 10 of 10
BeKirra

Here is my 1st guess - Did you set "PICKFIRST" to 0? If this is the case, set it to 1.

Then paste any thing from one layout to another. Will this work for you?

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost