Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is softsking.com a legit site?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
tplarkin7
4639 Views, 28 Replies

Is softsking.com a legit site?

This site is selling download-only versions of AutoCAD for half-price. Are they legit?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Tags (1)
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
Patchy
in reply to: tplarkin7

Legit site, yes

Legit people with real phone number? No, search that phone and it returned unknown.

Call BBB and ask before giving them a penny. RATED D+

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/computers-hardware-software-and-services/softsk...

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 29
pendean

If it's too good to be true...
Message 4 of 29
leothebuilder

Could I interest you in a reverse mortgage perhaps?

Message 5 of 29
tplarkin7
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks Patchy!
Message 6 of 29
Ciciloveuddd

as far as i know www.bbb.com works for their paid web onlyWoman Wink

Message 7 of 29
brianrXPKK2

No!

Message 8 of 29
wispoxy

I'd feel safer buying directly from autodesk because it's easier to manage purchases and cloud.
Message 9 of 29
wispoxy
in reply to: pendean

Would be nice if Autodesk had a search page for authorized re-sellers.

Message 10 of 29
Discussion_Admin
in reply to: wispoxy

@Anonymous wrote:

Would be nice if Autodesk had a search page for authorized re-sellers.

You can find resellers at the link below

http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/locate-a-reseller

Discussion_Admin

Message 11 of 29
Patchy

Sure they do

Capture.JPG

Message 12 of 29
Patchy

Never for me, buying directly from Autodesk, how many people came here and ask for Autodesk phone number? Waiting for email or chat from them? Funny.

Message 13 of 29
wispoxy
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Thank you
Message 14 of 29
pendean

I agree with @Patchy, this software costs way too much money to 'do it yourself' with an online purchase portal from a vendor notorious for not responding in a timely fashion for licensing, installation and operation issues. A good reseller, anxious not to get a black eye from a credit card company revoking a purchase, will bend over backwards to fix an install, licensing, billing, purchase receipts and setup issue immediately in my 25+ year experience with Autodesk purchases.

Message 15 of 29
wispoxy
in reply to: pendean

Can't find softsking on the re-seller list.

Message 16 of 29
jason

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't find softsking on the re-seller list.

You must thrive on being corrected in  public.

Message 17 of 29
RobDraw

@Patchy wrote:

Never for me, buying directly from Autodesk, how many people came here and ask for Autodesk phone number? Waiting for email or chat from them? Funny.

What you don't see is the vast amount of people that actually do get the help they need. One cannot base an opinion on data collected from a forum where people come when they have a problem.

That's like going to a doctor for the first time, seeing a waiting room full of people, and saying, "I'm not using this doctor, he obviously isn't good at keeping people healthy."

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 18 of 29
wispoxy
in reply to: jason

wisp_pf00a.png

@jason Show me how you did your search then. If this was adobe I would be able to search by website.

Message 19 of 29
wispoxy
in reply to: jason

@jason in reply to:

-----------------------------------------------------------

You must thrive on being corrected in public.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I understand this might be an issue at times, but while I'm on the forums I'm engineering jobs in a quick, but meticulous manner. As I work through engineering I want my company and customers to be satisfied every time. Autodesk forums relieves some of my stress and allows me to help others at times which makes me feel better. I care about your concern or comment, and I'll work on it.

With so many thoughts running through my head while working on a project, and making sure I don't make a single mistake on a project. I may get thrown off track a bit on forums. A mistake on a project could cost a life, and I don't want to live with the thought of that for the rest of my life.

Message 20 of 29
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

@jason in reply to:while I'm on the forums I'm engineering jobs. A mistake on a project could cost a life, and I don't want to live with the thought of that for the rest of my life.

Being on the forums is a distraction, by your own admittance. That's like talking on the phone while driving. There is no way you can be 100% concentrating on the job if your on the forums at the same time. Best to stop all distractions while working on a project.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost