Did you mean: 

Hatching that doesn't exist in xref?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JohnD2000
1018 Views, 4 Replies

Hatching that doesn't exist in xref?

I have a host drawing of a driveway. It's hatching doesn't show a recent enlargement from 10'to 20'. Everything in modelspace is actually an xref. If you open the xref to modify the drawing, the correct hatching shows (all hatching is in a block which was modified to the 20' enlargement). But go back to the host, and the hatching is still 10' and there is a different hatch square (for a pipeline protection slab) that doesn't even exist in the xref.

How is this possible? Where does this hatching live?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: JohnD2000

Hi @JohnD2000,

Is all the hatching on the same layer? Has the Xref been updated (reloaded) in the master file? Can you attach the files here so I can take a look for you?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
JohnD2000
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks so much John; I have reloaded / closed program and opened / restarted computer and issue persists. I can't (or don't know how to) check about the hatching layers because the rectangular hatching for the protection slab showing in the master isn't selectable because it's an xref, but it is nowhere to be found in the xref (I also checked all insertable blocks in the xref).

File attached. Thank you for looking.

Message 4 of 5
JohnD2000
in reply to: john.vellek

**** it. Dumb little oversights. I found a hatch layer that was frozen.

So sorry to waste your time with a dumb mistake. Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: JohnD2000

Hi @JohnD2000,

I  ran audit on both files and I see the hatch in both files - take a look at the "cleaned up ones" that I have attached. Is this correct or did I misunderstand?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost