Did you mean: 

Fatal Error AutoCAD 2016

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
mahmutdemirbas
31407 Views, 22 Replies

Fatal Error AutoCAD 2016

I just downloaded AutoCAD 2016 Educational version. But i couldn't start the program. When i try a message came all the time.

FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0018 exception at 730f3733h

I use win7 Toshiba Satellite 64bit.

Could somebody help me please?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Hi,

did the installation run without issues (and you did it as administrator and you had disabled antivirus and other defending software)?

What happens when you start AutoCAD by using a right-click on the desktop icon and use the option "start as administrator"?

Have you already passed the activation of AutoCAD or haven't you got the possibility yet?

Have you had a previous AutoCAD release on your system and you have chosen "migrate settings"?

What you can try:

• reset settings to default (>>>details<<<)
  • create a new user for your Windows, give that account admin permissions, login with that account and start AutoCAD now again ... is that working?

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 23

yes i did the installation without issues. 

nothing changes when i use the option " start as adminastrator".

i haven't seen the activaton code part yet.

no i didn't have any previous release of AutoCAD before on my system.

i tried reseting the settings but it didn't work.

also i created a new user profile, gave it all permissions and set it as adminastrator then i tried to run AutoCAD but it didn't work too.

what else should i do?

Message 4 of 23

Hi,

does it start when you are not connected to any network (especially not to internet)?

>> i haven't seen the activaton code part yet.

That might be the primary source of the problem that this screen does not appear, you should be first asked if you want to run the software in a 30day trial or you want to activate the software. If that window does not pop up then it's just "you don't see it" .. means it could be outside the display areay or it's in the background of other windows (look to the taskbar how many windows are active, try <ALT><SPACE> to see if you get the window menu).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 23

first i'd like to thank you for trying to help me. 

i'm not connected to any networks but internet. i disconnected internet and tried again but it didn't work.

and i tried your other suggestion but it didn't work too. when i double click to AutoCAD shortcut the window of program opens. then this error message appears. should i try clean boot for windows? would it help me for solving this problem?

Message 6 of 23

Message 7 of 23

Hi,

thank you for your feedback, good to know you got it solved.

For future readers: what graphic card and driver do you have that made it necessary to disable the hw-acceleration?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 23
chenchri
in reply to: mahmutdemirbas

Hi mahmutdemirbas,

The solution you took is probably fine, but you lost the hardware acceleration.  If you are using AMD video card, I suggest try this, so that you can use AutoCAD with hardware acceleration:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/AutoCAD-2016-based-product-crashes-due-to-AMD-driver

The cause of the AutoCAD 2016 crash is in some AMD drivers. Please update video card driver (check toshiba website and see if there's recommended driver for your card on www.autodesk.com/hardware ).  If there no updated driver for your hardware, please follow the second step to run AutoCAD in DirectX 9. 

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 9 of 23
qusanssori
in reply to: chenchri

Hi Christopher Chen,

I also face similar problem with my laptop. I am using Zbook 15 iu G2 with Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 graphic card. I did the same method (change to nohardware) and I manage to open autoCAD software but the performance is very slow. Do you have any suggestion ho to improve he performance.

Regards,

Qusanssori

Message 10 of 23
yakupyzc
in reply to: mahmutdemirbas

Thank you my man. That's working!
Message 11 of 23

hii facing same problem iam unable to open the autocad 2016 showing same like you . what i have to do

@mahmutdemirbas wrote:

first i'd like to thank you for trying to help me. 

i'm not connected to any networks but internet. i disconnected internet and tried again but it didn't work.

and i tried your other suggestion but it didn't work too. when i double click to AutoCAD shortcut the window of program opens. then this error message appears. should i try clean boot for windows? would it help me for solving this problem?

Message 12 of 23

hii 

iam getting same probkem i am unable to open the auto cad 2016 plz help me . to sove the proble

Message 13 of 23

Hi,

>> iam getting same probkem

If it's the (exact) same problem then start at the link which is marked as solution.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 14 of 23

Hi, 

There is a known issue with AMD driver - check whether you are using an AMD graphics card.

If you are using AMD card, the full fix would be going to amd.com to install the latest driver.  

There is also a workaround for the problem in AutoCAD 2016 SP1, please install it too:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2016-service...

Disabling hardware acceleration should also work, but you will lose more performance and features with hardware acceleration off.

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 15 of 23

it is unable to work again after install ur link so what i can do

Message 16 of 23

Hi,

>> it is unable to work again after install ur link so what i can do

If you can give us more info's we might be able to help more efficient.

So let us know or show:

• screenshot with the exception message
  • your system information (operating system, graphic card and -driver, memory)
  • if you did a fresh install and AutoCAD never started or AutoCAD was always working well but stopped today with the exception
  • do you have admin permissions and have you tried to start AutoCAD with right-click ==> option "start as administrator"
  • did you try to start AutoCAD with disabled antivirus software
  • have you tried to create a new Windows user and see if AutoCAD can start then

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 17 of 23

FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation writing 0x40763000 exception at 6a54c3b9h

iam using windows 10 64bit 

What is the Solition For the matter

@mahmutdemirbas wrote:

I just downloaded AutoCAD 2016 Educational version. But i couldn't start the program. When i try a message came all the time.

FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0018 exception at 730f3733h

I use win7 Toshiba Satellite 64bit.

Message 18 of 23

@mahmutdemirbas wrote:

FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation writing

I use win10 64bit.

Message 19 of 23

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

If you can give us more info's we might be able to help more efficient.

So let us know or show:

• screenshot with the exception message
  • your system information (operating system, graphic card and -driver, memory)
  • if you did a fresh install and AutoCAD never started or AutoCAD was always working well but stopped today with the exception
  • do you have admin permissions and have you tried to start AutoCAD with right-click ==> option "start as administrator"
  • did you try to start AutoCAD with disabled antivirus software
  • have you tried to create a new Windows user and see if AutoCAD can start then

- alfred -

I know you weren't talking to me, but I'm having a similar issue.

I'm using AutoDesk Architecture 2016.  It was fine yesterday when I left for lunch, I came back, woke my computer up (I put it to sleep before I left) and it had crashed/fatal excepted.  It has crashed upon double clicking the icon ever since.

I have updated my AMD Firepro card.  I've rebooted my computer.  Still get the same fatal exception.

I did a screen cast (I appologize, I have 2 screens running and so it isn't the best but I think it has all the info you asked for lol).

http://autode.sk/1K1rn73

Thanks in Advance,

Jennie

Message 20 of 23

Hi,

>> I'm using AutoDesk Architecture 2016.  It was fine yesterday when I left for lunch,

>> I came back, woke my computer up (I put it to sleep before I left)

Sleeping mode is sometimes critical, especially if not every single piece of hardware has perfect drivers (also for the usb-sticks, btw. had you a harddisk or usb-stick plugged in?)

Try first to set your AutoCAD to default as described >>>here<<< or login with a new Windows user account and see if the same happens.
BTW: when exactly does your AutoCAD crash? Sometimes during work or with a specific drawing or when you start AutoCAD or ...?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost