Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Report appears after exit AutoCAD 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mnpatric
2183 Views, 6 Replies

Error Report appears after exit AutoCAD 2014

My user successfully installed the AutoCAD 2014 on her desktop from my network deployment package.  I launched her AutoCAD to verify the installation and exit the AutoCAD.  Then, the Autodesk Error Report screen appears with the following message:

A software problem has caused AutoCAD to close unexpectedly.

Other users have not experienced this problem after installing the application from the same deployment package.  Her OS is the Windows 7 64bit, and the error report is copied on the attachment.

Please help!

Thank you,

Masae

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: mnpatric

Hi @mnpatric,

Does this behavior happen every time the user closes AutoCAD?  

Does it happen after an editing session in AutoCAD or only after you open and then close? Does the user have the same permissions as other users? 

I suggest trying to logon to this workstation as one of the other users and see if the problem goes away. if so, then the problem is a damaged user profile.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: john.vellek

Launching as another user is a good start.  Also, is the AutoCAD 2014 fully updated with the latest patches and service packs?  What is the video card and driver version of the machine?  Does the user have local admin rights?  What Antivirus are you using?

The more information you provide, the easier it will be to diagnose the problem. 

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
mnpatric
in reply to: john.vellek

Thank you for your quick response.  The problem happens every time when we exit the AutoCAD.  We haven't really try to edit drawing or anything yet.  I just wanted to verify that the AutoCAD launches.  So I just started and exited.  Then, I found that the error report was displayed.  I don't think that I can login to her laptop.  It's weird because there is no error, but the error report shows up.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @mnpatric,

Do we know what is different about this laptop from the others that seem to work properly? As Dean's post indicates, a driver issue can cause crashes after exiting. However, it could be any number of other things that could be involved as well.

If you can not add a new user account (full admin) to try to see if the profile is damaged then I suggest performing a Repair (Windows Control Panel>Programs) and then perhaps a Reset Settings to Default.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 7
mnpatric
in reply to: pendean

The AutoCAD doesn't really crash or generate a particular error.  The error report just shows up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost